Ask a Mod!

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Ask a Mod!

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Zanthius wrote:
Death 999 wrote:By the way, Zanthius, since you're new here, Trog is only partway through the game, and would like to avoid being spoiled. You haven't broken anything yet, but just to prevent any unfortunate spoilage…
Ok, I looked through some of his log, and I can see what he hasn't done yet, so I will not talk about those things.
It’s really my own personal responsibility to avoid venturing into various threads to keep myself from accidentally stumbling upon SC2/UQM spoilery. After all, this is a Star Control forum for crying out loud, and every new member shouldn’t have to get indoctrinated into some unusual custom of non-spoilery protocol just because one individual handcuffed the site due to its low traffic, but I know that Death is just offering the polite courtesy since he already knows how giddy I can get sometimes, especially whenever we get a new member that actually has something worthwhile to contribute. So feel free to talk all things Star Control, and I’ll return to my captain’s chair and try to keep out of trouble! ;)
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Uh... is it just me or has the whole discussion board suddenly changed dramatically?
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:37 pm
Uh... is it just me or has the whole discussion board suddenly changed dramatically?
Yes. The previous iteration got broken by host's upgrade, so the whole site needed to be updated. Chad has written of it in the News section. It also introduced a ton of spam accounts, for some reason...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:15 am

I'm guessing because, like the rest of the board modifications, the anti-spam measures that had been in place were broken by the update. I'm sure this won't come to bite us in the ass at some unspecified point in the future, no sir.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:22 am

There is still manual activation in place, so not THAT big of a spam potential, but when it s dozens of applications in a few hours it is really easy to on one hand disallow legitimate users and on the other let some spam accounts in...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am

Manual activation?

I thank the mods for their efforts then!