The Raven Squadron

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Raven Squadron

Post by glory_device » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Mays pointed you to the barrack where you can find a bed to sleep on and eat a bit.

***next day***

You wake up and pack your things and head up to the briefing room where the team will flesh out the last details before moving out to the Raven. Your team is composed of 7 members: you, Alvarin, Mays, two extra soldiers and two engineers.

The briefing is just about to start.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm

[Equip the Mask of Attentive Listening]

<Listen>
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:51 pm

(you really are an easy player to DM so far :P)

Mays enter the room and the briefing start.

''All right, listen up, our goal is to reach the Raven and fix it enough so it can repulse to base''

''We expect some resistance from the drones, intel isn't able to give us any precise numbers or indication so far. They can be detected using short range scanners, but that's pretty much it.''

''Ensure that you are ready to leave in an hour. Any questions?''

Suddenly, you have a little sentiment of apprehension that is buzzing through your stomach. However, you are unable to explain why.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:21 pm

"I've got a bad feeling about this... I believe we should send a few scouts ahead so that we do not get any nasty surprises."
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:36 pm

-Unfortunately, we don't have the man power to send scouts too far from the base. We only have limited intel beyond 1 km around the base. I heard Utwig have premonitive and limited psychic capabilities is that true? Either way, we need to be careful out there. We all want to make it back in one piece.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:05 pm

"Psychic capabilities... Indeed, the Utwig does, to some small degree. The Arilou reach far higher in natural psionic abilities, though. Once again, I wish that The Ultimate would be here to guide me, and shed light on the events at hand, but that is just wishful thinking."

[Equips the Mask of Queries set Forth]

"On another note, you would not happen to have any Utwig-made vessels in this settlement? I am not planning on staying here forever, so knowing where to find a ship which I could actually fly would be most useful." (Both for leaving once my business here is concluded, and for any "emergency escapes" in case that would be needed.)

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm afraid not, in case of immediate evacuation, we have two Cruisers standing by plus the Raven once it is repaired. However, I must remind you that you are the acting captain of the Raven. It is not a difficult ship to fly and it is still under your command.

Are you all ready to depart?

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 am

[Equips the Cover of Factual Statements]
"So it would seem."

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Let's meet up in thirty minutes at the north gate. Good luck all!

(If you have any preparation, equipment or anything now is the time)

(On a different note: IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!! Master degree project finally moved yesterday!)

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:38 am

(I just assume that the "two padded armor" which we brought on the hover platform didn't get sold with the rest of the stuff.)

[Equip the Cloth of Trade and Equipment Usage]

Firstly: See if I can find a place to quickly sell 10 of my food rations, if none can be found then just drop them instead.

Secondly: Pick up and equip the two padded armor from earlier.

Finally: Move to the "gathering point"