Peeru Fanfic Comments

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Peeru Fanfic Comments

Post by Death 999 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't think that it would work this way in PVP melee, but that's only because of discrete firing angles - the advantage of long range over medium range isn't as strong.

I tried the fight in melee with Arilou, which would be at close range where the discrete angle problem isn't severe, and the Thraddash turning rate was enough to hit them frequently enough that they couldn't take out more than a few ships before going down.

Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan » Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 am

I just read the last 2 chapters. Good work again! I'm curious about what Muugko himself thinks about the "gentle" mentoring approach...

And we didn't find out how Cass and Kaandor were injured, so I'm left curious.

I was definitely relieved that the six Mycon turned out to be enough... :)

And yes, Jay had a point - it would've been very interesting if the Ilwrath were sent to attack the Kohr-Ah instead of the Thraddash.
Member since March 14, 2003

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:40 pm

They did take multiple hits, so it's not like that ought to be a big mystery.

Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan » Tue May 21, 2013 12:43 am

Well, I guess I'm curious about how damage to the ship actually translates to damage to the crew members. Is it like in Star Trek where, every time the ship is hit, you get sparks erupting from the consoles and injuring people?

Also, the italics are still screwed up. It should be quick to fix this: edit post, ctrl+f for "i]", check to see that it all lines up...

EDIT: One other thing I almost forgot: I'm surprised that there were no negative social repercussions from Muugko attempting to sell the Christmas letters.
Member since March 14, 2003

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:08 pm

He didn't. He was fulfilling existing orders for manufactured goods. He's in charge of the fab, after all... The only reason he wanted the letters was to mess around with Wugyup.

As far as damage is concerned, note that Kaandor works in engineering. Something burst. It's not farcical for potentially lethal internal damage to occur around high-powered systems.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Tue May 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Death 999 wrote:I don't think that it would work this way in PVP melee, but that's only because of discrete firing angles - the advantage of long range over medium range isn't as strong.
It actually is fairly accurate as to how that match would work out in-game, though it would probably take longer. (with two human pilots, anyhow)
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 pm

I didn't mean to imply that it went very quick - after the first two, they began to respect the cannon and try to get good angles - so I modified the story to reflect this.

Also, fixed the tags.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 pm

This still alive?
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Indefinite hiatus. For one thing, I have an idea of what will be in the very next chapter, but I really don't know what would go right after that. I'm not sure how much Peeru would really bring to, say, the Orz, or the Talking Pet, or the Sun Device, so I'm considering a bit of a timeskip into the parts where it's going to get interesting (trading for the rosy sphere, fighting it out for the bomb, and then the assault on the Sa-Matra).

Until I get a plan... I'm not going anywhere, because I could be throwing myself into a corner.

My life is also not presently conducive to regular writing. I can throw down short pieces like I linked recently, but this takes blocks of time.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 am

Be careful, too much life will kill you, death999!