The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Back and forth. These creatures didn't seem to want to pay any attention to the suggestion Lord 111 made earlier. The reasons for this could be as plentiful as Thraddash cultures. Perhaps they don't yet trust the Ur-Quan.

The Ur-Quan Lord picked up a short rod from his collection of devices and began to twist, turn, and pull on it. As he did this, quiet beeps, chirps, and hums began to sound. If he wanted something done, he would have to do it himself. After a short moment, the Ur-Quan was satisfied. He had just commanded a large fleet of Dreadnoughts to approach the Taalo homeworld.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:39 pm

'We will be back by 2194 at the star called *staic noises*brige' running repair program error 34 error 56 error 900 'shutting down' Flups body turns limp as a new podship appears the Mycon pilot crys out epedimic virus help help! Juffo-Wup sent me directions for here also from Flups half corrupted memories Juffo-Wup sends that he wants to meet at a star ending in bridge. Yehat/Pukunk we would love help the protection of your borders if you trust us and we except the banning of space travel through VUX space and the not helping interal wars and also we remind you we request aid to cure the pelauge .
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:01 am

Hearing all these words Veep-eep and Brawky turn and speak to each other in hushed voices for a minute, considering their options carefully. After some quite wild and mannered wing gesturing, Veep-eep steps forward and speaks reluctantly:
"We have many an issue to deal with in our SOI, issues we know we must deal with ourselves. Although our inner systems remain a place bolstered by our forces, the outer sections still are known to have (now) rebel forces, loyal to the old Queen. That being said, this does not mean that we cannot, reluctantly, accept help from both the Syreen and Chmmr against any external threat, such as the Vux or whatever is now in Vux space. We officially send a request to all Alliance members for a defensive patrol between Vux and Yehat space, so we may focus our ships inward on dealing with our own, internal issues.
Ye may have noticed that I specified Chmmr and Syreen, not Mycon, who also offered their assistance. This is because we cannot accept them being on this council. This is a race which has commited genocide, the most heinous of acts. They have destroyed whole worlds indiscriminately. No matter what their intentions now, we demand they be held responsible for their war crimes. We apologise that we took some time to answer this, but this was a contentious matter between me and my colleague, but we have come to a decision now."

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:20 am

"We didn't know we were "less" sentient than we are now Juffo-Wup likes the creators do not. We did what we thought was right we combined Juffo-Wup and creators orders this did not work well." *coughs* "My parents parents parents parents tell me this sad story agian but this is the most of the details of why that I can remember the agony in looking to am that memory is of a thousand misunderstandings."*sputters and coughs* "running repair code 'limited success'."

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:04 pm

The Thraddash ambassador has been strangely quiet for the past few minutes. It seems to have been half dozing off, barely comprehending what's been happening around it in the council chamber. Suddenly, it seems to jolt awake. It looks ill, as though it has the stomach flu, or perhaps withdrawal symptoms. It nearly vomits as it mumbles something like "GAGH! I need a smoke!".

Having begun to chew nervously on the end of an unlit cigar, the general seems to regain some of its composure and begins to speak:

"Hmph. Can't say I'll be missing those irritating green doofuses very much. Sounds like they got what they deserved, HARG.

My government has some, ah, reservations about your proposed conditions, Chmmr delegate. Specifically, why in hell do you want to RESTRICT our weapons development! I realize you don't want us shooting at each other on some precious little planet, but I remind you that my people are (WHINE!) weak and vulnerable after our war with the damn Ilwrath. You bunch of hypocritical scumbags don't place arbitrary restrictions on your OWN weaponry, HARG! Why should we CRIPPLE our defenses and risk annihilation to make YOU happy, huh? Nuclear weapons are a VITAL part of everyone's defensive arsenal, INCLUDING, may I say, your slimy little (SNORT!) human friends. And who gets to decide what "excessive" focus on the military is, huh? You? The Ur-Quan? GROWL! And all this at a time when something has apparently killed all the VUX, and looks like it'll start trying to kill everyone else too! I'll never support these RIDICULOUS demands, and for once I think the weaklings in my government will back me up."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:29 pm

THRADDASH DELEGATE. THE HISTORY OF YOUR RACE SPEAKS AGAINST YOU IN THIS MATTER. THOUGH YOU CURRENTLY APPEAR TO BE UNDER THE RULE OF A GOVERNMENT WHICH SEEMS REASONABLE, AND WHICH COULD BE TRUSTED WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONRY, HOW LONG BEFORE SOME OF YOU DECIDE THAT IT IS TOO "WEAK" TO LEAD YOUR RACE? THIS COULD VERY WELL RESULT IN THERMONUCLEAR EXCHANGE, WERE YOU TO HAVE THOSE WEAPONS READILY AVAILABLE, WHICH WOULD,WITHOUT DOUBT CAUSE GREIVOUS HARM TO THE ECOSYSTEM OF THE NEW PLANET. BESIDES, AT THIS CURRENT TIME, YOUR RESOURCES SHOULD GO INTO RECONSTRUCTING YOUR SOCIETY AND INFRASTRUCTURE, NOT INTO SHORT-SIGHTED ARMS-BUILDING. THESE RESTRICTIONS COULD BE LIFTED ONCE YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO HANDLE THEM WITHOUT BLASTING YOURSELVES BACK TO PREHISTORIC AGES, AND ONCE YOUR INFRASTRUCTURE IS DEVELOPED ENOUGH TO SUSTAIN YOUR CIVILIZATION. UNTIL THEN, HOWEVER, WE FEEL THAT THEY ARE NECESSARY, AND WE MUST INSIST THAT YOU COMPLY WITH THEM, OR WOULD YOU RATHER REMAIN STRANDED IN SPACE? IF IT WOULD HELP, WE COULD DEPLOY A FEW AVATARS FOR GUARD DUTY UNTIL SUCH A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR OWN WORKABLE DEFENCE FORCE.

YEHAT AMBASSADOR, WE HAVE DISPATCHED A NUMBER OF AVATARS TOWARDS THE DESIGNATED PATROL AREA. REGARDING THE MYCON, WE AGREE THAT THEIR BEHAVIOR DOES WARRANT SOME SORT OF REPERCUSSIONS FOR THEIR ACTIONS IN THE PAST, THOUGH AS OF NOW THERE ARE MORE PRESSING MATTERS AT HAND, WOULD YOU NOT AGREE?

THE LUYTEN CONSTELLATION HAS BEEN PUT UNDER SURVEILLANCE BY A NUMBER OF UNMANNED SURVEILLANCE DRONES. IN ADDITION, WE ARE CURRENTLY DEPLOYING HYPERWAVE NODES BY THE VUX BORDERS, ALERTING ALL APPROACHING CRAFT THAT ENTERING FORMER VUX SPACE IS DONE AT THEIR OWN RISK, AND STRONGLY ADVISED AGAINST.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm

"Chmmr delegate, while yer point does make sense with the current crisis and we will table the issue, we could not pretend we were happy with the Mycon and wish that it be discussed soon. Meanwhile, on the issue at hand, we have gathered an elite group of our first Pkunk Furys, capable of speedy reconnaissance. We suggest that we send them in and study the Vux planet from a distance, reading the psionic signals."

Squawky taps Veep-eep and signals that it is her turn to speak:
"We feel that we, with our abilities, can gather intelligence on this region with great accuracy. However, we do request that we have a compliment of ten or so Syreens to come aboard our Pkunk Furys. We feel a joint task force between our two species, who are both clearly most psychically gifted, will come up with the best results for all our species. Syreen Ambassador, how do you feel about this?"

Just as Squawky appears to be finished she lets out a large "SQUAWWWK!" and looks directly at the Ur-Quan delegate.
"Ur-Quan delegate, I feel you upset the cosmic rays of peace and co-operation. You have done something, though I cannot tell you what. Let me pause... I must reflect." She goes silent for a second. "I see your fighters heading to Vulpuculae. Why? What business do you have with our allies?"

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Flup coughs and sputters "Many Mycon would like to study other Non culture so we can communicate better and not make such a big mistake again.On the subject of punishment we would hope you would make sure that this punishment would not kill our race. And maybe we should making a designated smoking room for the Thraddash."

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 pm

The Thraddash delegate seems to be either deeply outraged or highly amused; it's hard to read that face. It turns directly towards the Chmmr delegate and speaks:

"HARG HARG HARG! Of course, what was I thinking? Obviously permitting aliens (allied with the HUMANS, no less!) to "guard" our people with a gigantic deathfleet, primed for orbital bombardment, is a good idea! HARG HARG HARG! You'll be sending the Ilwrath to bolster our defences next!

The survival of my people is non-negotiable, both to me and the weaklings in the home fleet. SNORT! Do you realize what's going on? The VUX have been exterminated! Whoever killed them is ALREADY looking for another target, if the reports brought to this (HARG!) "council" are true. If you bunch of hypocrites are going to DEMAND that we remain defenseless as a condition of your assistance, we'll take this matter into our own hands."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 am

Lord 111 is clearly not impressed with the Pkunk's ability to glean information from him.

"There is much to be learned from the home stars of those most entrenched in this... IDF. If anyone is going to have answers about the disappearance of not only the Vux, but the Androsynth as well, it will be the Orz. While you send your fleets to a dead end, we Ur-Quan will go to the source. This is not a subversion of peace or cooperation. It is in fact ONLY cooperation."

Lord 111 turns to Gr'Tonk and changes his tone. Suddenly the Ur-Quan sounds even more threatening and sinister than he already was.

"Thraddash, YOU have come to US for assistance. You WILL agree to the terms or you will not receive the unending support of my fleet. While many of the races here may feel that the Ur-Quan owe them, we don't feel that we owe you. You simply surrendered to our fleet upon our arrival to this space only after we destroyed twenty of your craft. We did not enlist you as battle thralls despite your picking the black rod. You were largely left alone. And even then, untouched by the wars with the Alliance and New Alliance, you were unable to defend yourselves from the Ilwrath. Go on and continue to tout your pride in front of us, but no one here believes that you are remotely capable of supporting yourselves. Accept our offer."