The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: The Grand Council - Iteration 3

Post by Draxas » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Shera shakes her head sadly at Gr'Tonk, but her words carry a derisive sting in addition to the melancholy.

"If you would willingly turn down a new world simply because you are denied the tools you consistently use to destroy yourselves and the planets you inhabit, then we have no more interest in helping you. Nothing is more imprtant than having a home, and if you are too stubborn and foolhardy to see that, then perhaps you might learn something by going without one for a while. After a few decades living in a habitation fleet, perhaps you will return more humble, assuming you don't exterminate yourselves first."

That business done, she returns to a more even tone, "Ambassador Squawky, first let it be known that we will be happy to assist the Pkunk and Yehat in any fashion you would like. We have already dispatched a small border guard force to help bolster your space upon your confirmation. However, as regards VUX space, there are a few small hitches. We do not mind coming aboard your ships as observers, but you should be aware that in order to use our abilities at the peak of their effectiveness we would need the amplification technology built into our Penetrators, especially as regards planet or system scale use. We also do not wish to expose our personnel to the VUX home system for very long, as it has had a rather detrimental effect on those who have already been there, albeit a temporary one. However, we do not wish to press our luck on the effects of repeated or extended exposure. We hope you understand."

"As for the Mycon, we too would like to introduce the concept of a tribunal so they can finally answer for their crimes, whenever a more opportune time presents itself. However, for the time being, rest assured that we have taken measures to ensure that other than the Mycon present at this station, they are not going anywhere outside of their space."

Finally, she turns toward the Ur-Quan ambassador, "Ambassador Lord 111, I can't imagine what you plan on doing in Orz space, but please reconsider. Though the Orz are part of the New Alliance, they are notoriously unpredictable, and their race as a whole considers you the enemy. With no Orz ambassador here, it is likely they will consider an incursion into their space an act of war and respond accordingly, most likely without requesting assistance or even informing the other memebers of the New Alliance. On top of that, they have been known to respond especially poorly to any attempt to probe them for information about the Androsynth. If your fleet continues on this course, the ramifications will be disasterous."

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:11 pm

THE SYREEN AMBASSADOR IS RIGHT. IF AN UR-QUAN FLEET WERE TO APPROACH ORZ SPACE, IT IS HIGHLY PROBABLE THAT COMBAT WOULD ENSUE, DOUBLY SO CONSIDERING THE LINE OF INQUIRY. PERHAPS IT WOULD BE MORE WISE TO PAY A VISIT TO THE ARILOU, WHO ARE ALSO QUITE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THESE MATTERS? OF COURSE, SOME TIME REMAINS BEFORE THE NEXT APPEARANCE OF THE CIRCINI-CHANDRASEKHAR PORTAL, BUT IT IS FAR LESS LIKELY TO RESULT IN ARMED CONFLICT THAN IF WE WERE TO GO TO THE ORZ, AND THUS IT WOULD BE THE BETTER OPTION. MAY I SUGGEST A JOINT EXCURSION OF ALLIANCE RACES FOR THIS PURPOSE, AS IT IS AS OF YET UNKNOWN HOW THE ARILOU WOULD REACT TO THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE OF AN UR-QUAN FLEET.

THRADDASH REPRESENTATIVE, THIS COUNCIL IS PRACTICALLY IN AGREEMENT REGARDING THE TERMS. EITHER YOU ACCEPT THEM, AND RECIEVE YOUR NEW WORLD, OR YOU LEAVE THEM, AND REMAIN STRANDED AMONGST THE STARS. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR MODIFICATIONS. HOWEVER, THE MYCON REPRESENTATIVE DID HAVE A POINT - PERHAPS WE COULD SET ASIDE A SMALL SIDE-ROOM SPECIFICALLY FOR SMOKING? YOU ARE NOT LOOKING VERY WELL. -- at that point, Kzzrn's expression briefly shifts to one of concern, though it is gone but a moment later. Considering how hard it is for most other sentient races to read Chmmr emotions, and the fact that this particular expression was a change in the sub-visual frequencies of light, it is quite likely that nobody noticed, except perhaps the Supox who, after all, are better at sensing light than most.

UR-QUAN DELEGATE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FLEETS OUTSIDE OF ORZ TERRITORY FOR THE MOMENT. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO TRIGGER ANOTHER CONFLICT. IT WOULD ONLY CAUSE A SHIFT FROM BAD TO WORSE, AND IT WOULD RESULT IN MANY LIVES LOST FOR LITTLE-TO-NO GAIN.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:25 pm

We are silently following the discussion so far since we have not much to offer or contribute at the moment. However, the Supox Nation is ready to assist the alliance. So far, our scout didn't find any further evidence in ZFP territory and they will be recalled shortly. We also offer to patrol around Vux space to enforce the no fly zone.

Concerning the Thraddash, we have a proposition to make regarding their predictament. We kindly offer to cohabit with them near our star system. We have identified a planet which could be suitable for them and we offer them some guidance during this trip and would be responsible of their behavior and accountable toward the alliance. We dealt with a once destructive species and we believe that we can make a difference with them two. They would be far from the Humans and Illwrath, they would get a nice homeworld to prosper once again and I stronglt believe that they can learn from the past.
Is this a good suggestion Thraddash representative?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Glush (Flups replacement) begins to ramble trying to call attention to his earlier statements "I am lush I was one of many one the research team for the new illness I died 5 seconds ago due to this very disease." then says "The green non (talking about the Arilou) would appear if they thought the humans where in danger the green ones stop our expansion in the human direction around 1,245 times they also showed up recently we don't know why since when we approached they disappeared." then a loud machine voice booms out of Glush 'Sterilization complete sending results to Mycon home world of beta Brahe one and *static nosies*.'
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 am

The Thraddash ambassador seems to have stopped paying attention to most of the council, either because it senses the impasse matters have reached, or possibly because it's just too preoccupied with its condition. It seems to notice the Supox delegate, however, and turns and speaks:

"My leaders are interested in your proposal, Ambassador, uh, Vilup. I am instructed to ask you if you would receive a... (*snicker*) 'diplomatic and scientific mission' to your region of space, to facilitate further discussions.

Personally, I thank you deeply for your consideration, though I have a hard time believing anyone wants US as neighbors! HARG HARG HARG!

I sense a potential problem with this plan, though. As commander of the Thraddash military (and the only surviving command officer! HARG!), I'm a little worried about trying to protect a world so close to another race. Not that I don't trust you, friend, but I can't afford to trust ANYONE right now, not when the very survival of my race could depend on my ability to defend it. And I certainly don't expect YOUR commanders to just sit back and LET a bunch of aliens, especially aliens with... WHINE! our reputation, build up a military right in your backyard. Not if they take their jobs seriously. There's got to be some way around it, but damned if I can think without a cigar..."

The Thraddash ambassador, seeming to come to a resolution in its mind, mumbles something about "not being gone for long", and stumbles out through the main doors, having set the diplomatic console at its seat to record the ongoing conversation in the council chamber. An access to the airlock connected to the Thraddash delegation's ship is reported on the room's status display, but it shows no sign of undocking.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:21 pm

We eagerly await the arrival of your diplomatic group to our home world so we can discuss things further. With your current population, we are also open to bestow you a certain military capacity if you refrain from designing mass destruction weapon. Your current torch design seems acceptable. We understand that you have the desire to protect yourself and that you are reluctant to trust anybody at the moment.

I can also ensure you that the Supox and the Utwig will interdict any hostile ships that come into your region of influence.

Finally, and it is some added bonus, we talked with the Utwig recently and they are willing to give you an Aqua Helix. As you may know, it is a part of any Ultron. However, the old one that was broken still had an intact Aqua Helix. Therefore they will swap the old Aqua Helix with yours and resolve once and for all this minor conflict.

Now, do we have any new information concerning the ongoing events?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 am

Presently, the door swings open and the Thraddash delegate walks back in; it seems much healthier, but it simply reeks of cigar smoke. Perhaps it was making up for lost time. A recently-extinguished cigar butt still protrudes from its mouth as well, which can't be improving the general odor. Having clomped over to its seat, it quickly reviews the diplomatic console and speaks:

"I need to be very clear about something. (SNORT!) I'll never accept arbitrary restrictions on our defensive weaponry. What is a "mass destruction" weapon, anyhow? The nukes you all have mounted in your planetary defense batteries? HARG! I've said it before, and I'll say it as many times as I have to: We will not deny ourselves the same weaponry the Alliance allows ITSELF, just to make a bunch of stinkin' aliens happy. SNORT! Not in any time, and certainly not now when whole RACES are being eaten by extra-dimensional Fargs-from-hell and the stinkin' Ur-Quans are running around looking for trouble, HARG HARG HARG!" (The general casts a whimsical glance towards the Ur-Quan Lord at this point, as though it thinks invading Orz space is stupid, but likes the idea anyway). "That said, hopefully we can discuss these matters in more detail at a later time. A diplo---Hurk...

Wait... wait a minute."

Having spoken these last few words in an uncharacteristically subdued tone, the grizzled old general's eyes bug out, apparently as it reads the end of the transcript recorded in the diplomatic console's log. As always, it's hard to tell what one of these thugs is really feeling, but it seems surprised at the very least.

"HOWL!

You'll return the Aqua Helix? The holy Gift from the Precursors? HAHA! Wonderful! Fantastic!"

At this juncture the central translation computer starts having difficulty comprehending the creature's speech. Perhaps it's too elated to speak coherently. Presently it regains control of itself, apparently with great difficulty, and recites what is apparently another prepared speech relayed from the home fleet (that it doesn't quite understand):

"The Thraddash people thank you for your... Empathy? (Huh.) Empathy with our plight. We cannot express our.. our appreciation for your good-spirited gesture in offering to return to us the Aqua Helix, symbol of Thraddash unity.

HAR! Clearly the diplomats have a lot to talk about. A convoy carrying... HARG! Looks like about the entire Thraddash diplomatic corps, started on its way towards Vlik about ten minutes ago. I hope your diplomats are ready for all three of 'em!"

The Thraddash delegate, seeming pretty pleased with itself, nonetheless seems to have more on its mind. The Thraddash are not a people who have great faith in diplomacy, or any kind of non-combat communication, really. Gr'Tonk had assumed that being sent here was nothing more than punishment for bad-mouthing the new leadership... perhaps it was. But it never expected anything useful to result from this mission, at any rate... and yet the result was obvious. "Hmph!", it can be heard muttering. "Maybe this talking stuff is actually good for something..."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Glush looks around "ummm do any of your rooms have gamma ray lights as the humans call them." Then a mechanical voice speaks out of glush ' Mycon skin is immune to all radiation but it is easy for microrganisms to get inside so bask in the cleansing light often.' Glup then faces the Traddash delegate and ponders in confusion several thing but notheless he then starts rambling accidentally "I am one with my parents' parents' parents' I am they and they are us then and now."
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:22 pm

The Chmmr representative seems strangely silent. In fact, Kzzrn does not seem to have moved at all for quite some time. However, the crystalline/mechanical being suddenly seems to break out of whatever state it had been in, returning to motion with a brief, quite subtle flash of aqua-blue light.

MY APOLOGIES FOR MY BRIEF LACK OF FOCUS. THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE PROCESS CAN BE QUITE... DISTRACTING. That is what the Chmmr diplomat offers as way of an excuse, though it does not elaborate further. Presumably, one will have to ask. Regardless, it proceeds to read over the discussion log, noting what occurred whilst it was not paying attention, before continuing by reading over a few more pieces of information. Amongst them, one might be a problem.

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE REMOTE OVERWATCH DRONES ALLOCATED TO OBSERVING BETA LUYTEN HAVE CEASED THEIR TRANSMISSIONS. WE HAVE RECENTLY RECIEVED NO UPDATES REGARDING THE EVENTS WITHIN THE SYSTEM, HOWEVER NOTHING UNUSUAL WAS DETECTED BEFORE THE SUDDEN CESSATION OF THE TRANSMISSIONS. WE HAVE NO CLUES AS TO WHY THIS HAS OCCURRED, THOUGH IT IS POSSIBLE THAT WHATEVER BEFELL THE VUX MAY ALSO HAVE BEFALLEN OUR DRONES.

THRADDASH, SUPOX REPRESENTATIVES, WE ARE PLEASED THAT YOU HAVE COME TO A DECISION. THOUGH THRADDASH HISTORY SPEAKS AGAINST THEM, WE WILL TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT IN THIS MATTER.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:30 pm

"Our scouts have reported back"
"When they opened communications with the orz, they just spouted the usual nonsense."
"But when questioned about the VUX they called them *silly cows* and said they took the *scary way*."
"We hope one of you can interpret what this means."
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."