The Turning Fanfic comments

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Re: The Turning Fanfic comments

Post by chenjesuwizard »

I'm enjoying the plot so far.
chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Two things:
1. What happened to the Umgah. I see no mention of them.
2. I find it had to believe that the Utwig would be so involved in day to day politics that they would be in the inner council.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

chenjesuwizard wrote:2. I find it had to believe that the Utwig would be so involved in day to day politics that they would be in the inner council.
Why not? With the Ultron restored, I think the Utwig would naturally want to share with everyone what the Ultron says is their best course of action. Somehow I see them becoming insufferable busybodies, actually, once they're back on their feet. That could certainly happen after 100+ years.
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen »

chenjesuwizard wrote:Two things:
1. What happened to the Umgah. I see no mention of them.
2. I find it had to believe that the Utwig would be so involved in day to day politics that they would be in the inner council.
The omission of the Umgah was an oversight. I'll fix it.
Draxas wrote:
chenjesuwizard wrote:2. I find it had to believe that the Utwig would be so involved in day to day politics that they would be in the inner council.
Why not? With the Ultron restored, I think the Utwig would naturally want to share with everyone what the Ultron says is their best course of action. Somehow I see them becoming insufferable busybodies, actually, once they're back on their feet. That could certainly happen after 100+ years.
Pretty much this.
chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Draxas wrote:
I always imagined that they wouldn't be very interested in politics, more on the Ultrons ways.
But I guess your right.

On a seperate note:
I like the new Fanfic post. But I'm not liking the League now. A league that won't listen to the people within it, and executes them for trying to take action.
A league which puts high taxes and enslavement of races which were forced to go into Slavery, through no fault of there own (I understand with the Ilwrath and Mycon. The Ilwrath are too dangerous and the Mycon chose to join the Ur-quan).
A league which sends billions of Vux into slavery for the actions of a few rebels.

No, I don't like these people.
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen »

chenjesuwizard wrote: On a seperate note:
I like the new Fanfic post. But I'm not liking the League now. A league that won't listen to the people within it, and executes them for trying to take action.
A league which puts high taxes and enslavement of races which were forced to go into Slavery, through no fault of there own (I understand with the Ilwrath and Mycon. The Ilwrath are too dangerous and the Mycon chose to join the Ur-quan).
A league which sends billions of Vux into slavery for the actions of a few rebels.

No, I don't like these people.
I think you're starting to see a bit of the overshadowing meaning of the title :)
chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Oh, it's beggining to be clear.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Why did the League build several of these translocators in Home Quadrant before sending anyone off to the new one? Is there a need to move people within the quadrant as well?

Also, the whole thing about punishing the Chmmr by delaying the process doesn't make sense to me. If the point is to punish the Chmmr, wouldn't it be better to do it quickly since you're essentially killing them? I'd also think the League would be interested in regaining the Chenjesu and M:bots as quickly as possible.

Also, I don't know if it is the Yehat accent or his way of acting, but the Yehat sounds pretty daft and the Traddash quite docile in the last update. Not quite what you'd expect.
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen »

Lukipela wrote:Why did the League build several of these translocators in Home Quadrant before sending anyone off to the new one? Is there a need to move people within the quadrant as well?

Also, the whole thing about punishing the Chmmr by delaying the process doesn't make sense to me. If the point is to punish the Chmmr, wouldn't it be better to do it quickly since you're essentially killing them? I'd also think the League would be interested in regaining the Chenjesu and M:bots as quickly as possible.

Also, I don't know if it is the Yehat accent or his way of acting, but the Yehat sounds pretty daft and the Traddash quite docile in the last update. Not quite what you'd expect.
1) Each of the inner council races received a Translocator.
2) I have no idea what you're talking about with the Chmmr. Do you have the right fanfic?
3) I see what you're saying; however, I don't want to stereotype individuals by their respective race. You have to remember, the races have been living together closely under one government for almost 200 years. I wanted to show how friends react towards each other and reflect individual personalities.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

kingschosen wrote: 1) Each of the inner council races received a Translocator.
It just seems like overkill. Apparently there's no use for them since no one has gone to the Kessari Quadrant yet, so you can't even be sure they work properly. And still there's a whole bunch built.
kingschosen wrote: 2) I have no idea what you're talking about with the Chmmr. Do you have the right fanfic?
:oops: Yeah, I copypasted the wrong comment. It should have been the following one:

I don't understand why the Chmmr and other League races are ready to invest these resources on the basis of what the Arilou tells them. I mean, you say yourself that the Arilou aren't considered trustworthy enough to be a part of the League. Yet when they tell the League that it needs to build a lot of gigantic machines to go to another quadrant due to some unspecified threat, everyone does as they say.
kingschosen wrote: 3) I see what you're saying; however, I don't want to stereotype individuals by their respective race. You have to remember, the races have been living together closely under one government for almost 200 years. I wanted to show how friends react towards each other and reflect individual personalities.
Yeah, I understand. Moving away from stereotyping is good of course, but it still feels as if you've moved quite a bit away. But that's a matter of opinion more than anything else :)