Steal the Wimbli's trident (game+ooc)

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Steal the Wimbli's trident (game+ooc)

Post by Alvarin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 am

Rules:
There is an indestructible object everybody wants. Every participants in his turn describes, how he obtains it from the previous owner. The owner of the object on 100th post is victorious and gets to keep it. You can dispatch of previous owner in any way you want, you resurrect as whatever you wish. Just be the hundredth poster. Yes, this game is fun and mindless post-count booster.
example from another forum where I got it from: http://www.cdosabandonware.com/forum_di ... forumid=19
This installment setting - Ur-Quan dreadnought, all inhabitants are hierarchy (whoever you want)

1. (to help follow the thread post count)

Alvarin woke up in his chamber, chanted the daily prayer ("Oh God, please don't let me die today, for tomorrow will be so much better!") After the prayer he darted outside towards cantina, and just before entering he spotted a shiny shimmering object rested on a shelf. It had a handle on one side and three points on the other end, all in shimmering purple-blue shades. Alvarin grabbed it and stopped to marvel his new possession.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Steal the Wimbli's trident (game+ooc)

Post by Death 999 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Death 999 saw the trident and reared up on his rear legs. The cowardly spathi dropped it and ran. The trident was his.

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Using my mind controlling powers*, I cause a Alvarin to believe that Wimbly is a bouquet of flowers that he absolutely has to have. His natural Spathi fear of, well everything, is powerless against the compulsion. In the resulting confusion I grab it with my little grabby things**.

*I can be a sleeper Dynaari if I want to.
**Do those pincer things actually open? If not about all they can do is grab poles - like the long end of a trident. Fortunate.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:32 pm

"ABOMINATION!" roared the commander of the Dreadnought, in obvious pain. Lord 444 was wearing his Excruciator turned to full blast when he had sensed the psychic stirrings of his talking pet.

The Ur-Quan, in a massive show of strength, tore a console from its wall mount and smashed it down atop the helpless Dnyarri. The ichor-stained Trident rolled away across the deck from a now limp grabber. Lord 444 deactivated his Excruciator, and as the waves of pain ceased, retrieved the Trident and examined it.

This artifact may be responsible for restoring sentience to our former enslavers, he considered, I must hold council with the other Lords on this matter.

Brandishing his Rod of Command, the Ur-Quan lord demanded, "Set course for Delta Crateris immediately!" The bridge crew automatically responded almost instantly, and the Dreadnought pushed into Hyperspace.

An item this dangerous must not be allowed to remain in the open, he thought, as he secured the Trident in a keypad locked storage unit.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Working on conduits adjacent to the bridge, Alvarin saw the enclosure open from the other side and an object shoved in. Oooh, shiny! must have!
With the Trident stored in the toolbox, the work continued.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:06 pm

"Hmmm, an open tool box...With a shiny Trident crammed inside! Oh this would look absolutely lovely if it could fit under my belt! What better symbol of power!"

Nuke-706 retrieves the trident from Alvarin's tool box, and equips himself with a portable MASER of his own design, just in case Alvarin tries to steal it back, those sneaky Spathis..
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:26 am

Job done, can go to... Hey! where is my... OK, there is the thief, but he's armed... but my trident... but he's armed... Ah, I know!
Darting in other direction, Spathi manages to come to the next intersection first and oozed some of the bodily juices, leaving a translucent puddle, which the Androsynth missed, slipped on and knocked himself out. Spathi approached, grabbed the trident and run away with it to the cantina.

OOC--
You can do whatever you want to the previous poster, unlike any ony other game held here, as long as it gets you the trident.
Another thing - 100 posts will probably be too long, lets half it, the winner will be at 50.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:29 am

G'nonk was in a bad mood. That lousy science nerd had the gall to chew him out! Over an engine issue! Every Thraddash worth anything knows that the only way to fix a broken engine was to kick it as hard as you could, repeatedly, until it started spewing out jets of fire like it was supposed to. But when he had tried to do that, the scrawny Androsynth had gotten in his face and started yelling about "diagnostics" and "imbeciles" and other big words that he didn't care about. All he had wanted to do was punch the little snot in the face, but Lord 444 had already personally reprimanded him about violence against the other crew members. G'nonk respected the Ur-Quan enough to follow orders, primarily because he had been informed that there would be no additional warnings, only punishments.

Still, he was very angry, and had to punch something or he would explode with rage. He spun abruptly and swung at the corridor wall, making an impact that dented the metal several inches deep. He felt a little better, but not much.

When he went to withdraw his fist from the newly created alcove, G'nonk was dismayed to find it coated in a sticky, viscous fluid. He looked down, dismayed and amused in equal measure to find an unfortunate Spathi's eyestalk and body dangling from the bottom of his fist; where the eye should have been corresponded to the fluid coating his hand, and the legs of the Spathi still apparently hadn't entirely registered the lack of nervous input and were feebly twitching in running motions.

"HARG HARG HARG!" laughed G'nonk uneasily, "Looks like your prayers didn't work today, coward!" He was concerned about the reprisal that Lord 444 would take against him, but at least his need for violence was satiated.

G'nonk withdrew his fist from the depression in the wall and the remains of the Spathi's eye, and hefted the body over his shoulder; he knew he had to find a place to hide the corpse, or better yet, a way to dump it out the airlock without anyone noticing. One of the Spathi's claws dropped across G'nonk's chest, and it was then that he noticed a strange cylindrical object still clutched in its claw. He yanked it free and examined it, intrigued by the Trident.

"Well, what's yours is mine now!" he bellowed, and clutched the Trident in one hand while he used the other to carry the corpse, for now more preoccupied by the need to dispose of the evidence of his misbehavior.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:24 am

NUKE-706 uneasily returned himself to his feet, after several unsuccessful attempts anyway, the floor was slippery with an overly adhesive fluid.

The Trident where is it...Its not on my belt, Oh emm jee, its gone! Well, the only important thing at the moment was getting the disgusting pasty crap off the back of my jumpsuit. I can't let my fellow clones see me like this!

The Androsynth walked down the many corridors of the Dreadnought, headed for the nearest repository of hygienic materials, thinking about how repulsive he must look, at least until he thought about VUX, that seemed to put his mind at ease.

"Ugly, ugly VUX"

He was then mentally smacked back into reality when he saw a brutish figure carrying the mangled corpse of a Spathi....And his Trident! Which as anyone knew, was rightfully his! Right?

He approached the Thraddash, with an superior skip in his step and a MASER in his hand

"Are you aware of the punishment that one of your species would receive for 'Accidentally' Dispatching one of your fellow crewman....G'nonk?"

The now distressed Thraddash nodded, he obviously didn't want to be punished...Or MAZER'd

"Well, I just might be able to keep this a secret between the 2 of us, assuming you part with that beautiful Trident, which you are currently in possession of"

The transaction was concluded fairly quickly, seeing how he didn't seem at all interested in the....priceless artifact. He carried on, with the spathi in one hand, possibly to go dump it out an airlock, stupid Thraddash.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 am

Alvarin woke up in the infirmary and noticed two Umgahs backing up from his bed, as well as Androsynth and Thraddash. And Ur-Quan...
From what the captain explained. figured out that Thraddash was incompetent with the airlock and was caught by MP, arriving at silent alarm. The Umgah then done pretty neat restoration work and voila.
Something wasn't right, though - the rebuilt eye produced images that incorporated more info than usual, those seemed like power lines and this seems like... Like the Trident!
The Spathi jumped out of the bed, rushed past the Androsynth, obtaining the artefact on the way, and headed for hes room to hide from everyone.