Resources for SC roleplaying

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Resources for SC roleplaying

Post by Lukipela » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:06 pm

While quite a bit is allowed here, it's appreciated (required ) that you do generally adhere to the SC universe events unless you are playing an alternate reality game. It's all well and good to come up with a new race and such, but not everything is acceptable in the regular SC time-line. Make sure that you specify what kind of SC game you are playing and adhere to that universe to avoid confusion.

For example, if you are playing a vanilla Star Control game, don't claim that the Androsynth massacred the humans in a bloody revolt to free themselves.

This thread is meant to be a place to post general SC universe information to assist in roleplaying. Be sure to link the material you post and it will be edited into the first post.

The Star Control Writer's Collective

This site contains a very useful time-line for planning your game. This time-line DOES include some SC3 storyline events, so if you're going to plop your story into one of the SC3 (or post SC3) years be sure to indicate in your story's accompanying OOC thread as to whether or not SC3 is recognized. For those who don't know, SC3 is the year 2159 and later.

SC Terminology

This page contains canon terms that can be used.

SC text writer

This is a handy little tool if you want actual SC text.

Original text by Sedodes on the old SCDB, modified by me.

AmonX
Hunam adventurer

Re: Resources for SC roleplaying

Post by AmonX » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 am

Just a heads up, the SC text writer link is now broken. Parchance does anyone know if it is hosted anywhere else. Thank you.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:54 pm

I believe that its only online when Sage has his server up, and even then it has a few "technical issues" ;)-smf
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 pm

AmonX wrote:Just a heads up, the SC text writer link is now broken. Parchance does anyone know if it is hosted anywhere else. Thank you.
Nuclear is right, I should ask him to send it over to us here on PNF. His server used to be online all the time, but that is some time ago.

Sage
Wise and Ancient Soul

Post by Sage » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 am

Wow, as rarely as I have been checking this particular board lately, somehow I was able to arrive here at a post talking about something of mine without realizing how? Am I psychic, or did someone link me and I simply forgot? o.o

I've been shuffling machines on my network as web servers lately, and the one that's currently the public-facing web server doesn't have any of that stuff stored on it. Fortunately it's all safe and sound, in the same state it has been, just not publicly available as it once was. It's just that the machine that had been used as my web server all this time is an old beast and has a tendency to break (as Nuclear noted).

At any rate, I'll see about making a version of the text generator that handles its cached image files automatically so it can be put up on this site without having to think about its contents ever again.

The alternative is that we ditch the idea of caching files entirely and just have the system generate an image on the fly (which is the original way it worked).

Thoughts?

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Do it whichever way you feel is best, but if possible I'd like it here on the site so that it is always available.