Gauging interest: The Grand Council Revival

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Gauging interest: The Grand Council Revival

Post by Nuclear »

Well, I am curious about how canon this would be for StarControl since you know, I would instantly snatch up the Androids' if I am givin the chance! Oh why did you have to be killed/Teleported away to some alien dimension, it makes it tough for role-playing threads :(-smf

Otherwise I guess I could play an Ultron-elated Utwig or maybe even Melnorme.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Good to see so many of you getting enthusiastic about this.

Luki, I would appreciate any help you could give as always, though that remark was not specifically aimed at you. I had figured you would be too busy to assist if you only wanted a minor role to begin with, especially considering the massive number of projects already on your plate around here. I was half hoping one of the other old hands might pipe up, but alas.

Alvarin, I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you're interested in participating, I certainly won't turn you down; the only one stopping you is yourself.

As for the rest of you, yes, this would take place after the events of SC2 (and under the assumption that SC3 is non-canon, of course). However, if you want to play any race from the lore, feel free to mention it; as long as you can come up with a plausible scenario for why your race is back from the dead or whatever, I'll allow it.

As for your race picks, I noticed a lot of you mentioning short lists. I'd ask you each to specify your top pick and an alternate, and if there's a conflict we'll try and work that out. We may as well start assigning roles right away. However, please do bear in mind that if you're not confident in your ability to RP, you may want to stay away from major galactic players with a lot to say (though in many cases, who the major players are is subject to who has the most insightful and interesting things to say, so don't feel like you need to pick a "major" race to play a major role).
Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria »

I'm pretty confident in my ability to RP/provide an intriguing experience in this type of roleplay, especially as a "major player."

Top: Earthlings
Alternate: Melnorme
2nd Alternate: Umgah
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod »

So, before I said either Shofixti, Slylandro, Pkunk, or VUX...

I'm not quite sure what order I'd prefer, so I'll just wait and see who else is doing what. But really, you could just roll some dice or whatever and I'd be fine with whatever ends up happening.

So basically I'm saying the exact same thing as before. Sorry.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!
BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Post by BaVB »

Top: Pkunk and Yehat
Alternate: Slylandro
2nd Alternate: Ur-Quan Kzer-Za
DefenderDT
Hunam adventurer

Post by DefenderDT »

Top pick - Mycon
Secondary - Umgah
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

I might try the Spathi or Suppox as second pick.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Chenjesu or Supox?
If I'm the Chenjesu, then I will be from a group of colonists who went into uncharted space and therefore weren't trapped under the slave shield.
If I'm the Supox then I'm a Supox which has the veiw that Supox should do things themselves, instead of always turning to the Utwig.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

chenjesuwizard wrote: If I'm the Supox then I'm a Supox which has the veiw that Supox should do things themselves, instead of always turning to the Utwig.
I thought that characters were supposed to represent the entire nation in the council...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Yes, but otherwise I will constantly be having to try and turn to the Utwig for Advice.
If it makes you happy, It will be the Queen's stance that we should be more independent, so that we will not be helpless if they ever went away.

So, are we going to start?