Gauging interest: The Grand Council Revival

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Re: Gauging interest: The Grand Council Revival

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Both the Chmmr and Ur-Quan are not on that list...
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Well, the Chmmr aren't, but both Ur-Quan subspecies are. Seems like a significant oversight, but it's just a quick reference.
DefenderDT
Hunam adventurer

Post by DefenderDT »

Juffo-wup fills my fibers, and I grow anxious.
The void..the void.. all is will be in the void as told by Juffo-wup..
This thread is a non.. all non shall become void in the light of Juffo-wup...
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Alvarin wrote:I have quite developed imagination, but I just can't think of plot that would call for the council of these races, and ONLY these races.
Not every race needs to be present at the start, some may appear later on as their delegates arrive. Not every race needs to be present at all either. The Ur-Quans might still be resisting the Alliance, the Chmmr might consider this unimportant (superior pricks as they are), the Utwig may have taken an isolationist attitude and are busy protecting the Ultron and so on and so forth. Or they might be present but not have anything to say.

If you look through the old thread a lot of races are unrepresented there as well, but that didn't sop us from having fun.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Lukipela wrote:Not every race needs to be present at the start, some may appear later on as their delegates arrive. Not every race needs to be present at all either. The Ur-Quans might still be resisting the Alliance, the Chmmr might consider this unimportant (superior pricks as they are), the Utwig may have taken an isolationist attitude and are busy protecting the Ultron and so on and so forth. Or they might be present but not have anything to say.
That's actually pretty much exactly how I was going to explain awy the absence of both Ur-Quan and Chmmr. Shame, though, with the Chenjesu taking part, there would be plenty of potential for interesting interaction between them and the Chmmr.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

I agree. That would of been a great interaction.
Argarak
I'M ALIVE!

Post by Argarak »

Draxas wrote:However, I really can't endorse anyone playing a second character. I've seen it tried in other RPs, and it never works out well.
Really little morsel? You think it does not work? That the dead are a fancy to be spoken of lightly? Perhaps you do. In time you will learn differently. You will learn that they are all around. In time they will find you, alone in the dark. The endless dark.

But in this little tale, the dead will rest. For some brief time, you can breathe without worry.
The time for change will soon be upon us.

I speak for the dead. They are not gone you see. Oh no. Do you see? Maybe you do... But they are here. All around us. And they need someone. Someone to say what they cannot. Someone to speak for them.
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod »

Argarak wrote:
Draxas wrote:However, I really can't endorse anyone playing a second character. I've seen it tried in other RPs, and it never works out well.
Really little morsel? You think it does not work? That the dead are a fancy to be spoken of lightly? Perhaps you do. In time you will learn differently. You will learn that they are all around. In time they will find you, alone in the dark. The endless dark.

But in this little tale, the dead will rest. For some brief time, you can breathe without worry.
Ummm.... what?....

Anyway, I guess I agree that I'm not sure why we can't have two races per player. 'Cause that would really help with the not-having-all-of-the-important-characters problem. What exactly do you mean, Draxas, by "it never works out well"? I mean, if it really is a problem, then I'll be completely fine playing as just the VUX, but I guess I just don't quite understand why having two characters is bad.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

Anyway, I guess I agree that I'm not sure why we can't have two races per player.
The only problem that I can see with this is that by controlling two races, you can have them be biased toward eachother, thus giving them advantages...
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Argarak wrote:Really little morsel? You think it does not work? That the dead are a fancy to be spoken of lightly? Perhaps you do. In time you will learn differently. You will learn that they are all around. In time they will find you, alone in the dark. The endless dark.

O NOES SCARY SOCKPUPPET!
Maloo Oture wrote:
Anyway, I guess I agree that I'm not sure why we can't have two races per player.
The only problem that I can see with this is that by controlling two races, you can have them be biased toward eachother, thus giving them advantages...
Precisely. Even worse, you can have them carry on conversations, which is basically a long and rambling session of talking to yourself. Mostly, though, I see people using multiple characters to try to skirt the rules of a game by having them work together and act out of character in an effort to "win".