The Grand Council Revival

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: The Grand Council Revival

Post by Draxas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 pm

AMBASSADOR VIK: THE REASON WE HAVE ALLOWED YOU TO SPEAK ON THE MATTER OF THE SHOFIXTI WAS BECAUSE THE INFORMATION WAS UNCONFIRMED. FOR NOW, WE WILL ACCEPT YOU AT YOUR WORD, BUT THE VUX HAVE A CERTAIN REPUTATION FOR UNDERHANDED DEALING AND LIES WHEN RELATING TO OTHER RACES, AND WE WILL BE CERTAIN TO RAISE THE ISSUE WITH THE SHOFIXTI DELEGATE WHEN THEY ARRIVE. IN ADDITION, WE VEHEMENTLY STRESS THAT WE HAVE NO INTENTION OF ENSLAVING OR SUBJUGATING ANYONE. WE DO NOT WISH TO HAVE CONFLICT, AND IF YOU DO NOT PROVOKE US, THEN WE FEEL THAT COEXISTENCE SHOULD BE A SIMPLE MATTER. WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT WE SPEAK FOR THE REST OF THE NEW ALLIANCE OF FREE STARS ON THIS MATTER.

AMBASSADOR FLUBBO: OTHER THAN THE UR-QUAN, WE DO NOT HARBOR ANY ILL WILL AGAINST ANY OF THE FORMER HIERARCHY RACES. WE REITERATE THAT WE HAVE NO INTENTION OF ENSLAVING ANYONE. HOWEVER, THE UMGAH HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED TO JOIN THE NEW ALLIANCE OF FREE STARS DUE TO THEIR PREVIOUS HOSTILE ACTIONS AGAINST MEMBER RACES IN THE NAME OF HUMOR. IN PARTICULAR, INCIDENTS TAKEN FROM THE VINDICATOR LOGS REGARDING CHANGES FROM GREAT HERO TO GREAT ENEMY, AND UTILIZATION OF A KING KILLING HORN, WHILE THEY MAY HAVE AMUSED YOU, HAVE ALSO SERVED TO DAMAGE DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS BETWEEN THE UMGAH AND THE MEMBERS OF THE NEW ALLIANCE. HOWEVER, SHOULD THE UMGAH BE WILLING TO ABANDON THEIR AGGRESSIVE STANCE, PERHAPS THERE IS A PLACE IN THE NEW ALLIANCE FOR YOUR RACE.

AMBASSADORS GIRK-NEEP AND BEEP-VEEP: WE ENCOURAGE YOU NOT TO MAKE ANY UNPROVOKED ATTACKS AGAINST THE VUX, AND AWAIT EVIDENCE OF THEIR ACTIVITIES AGAINST THE SHOFIXTI IF IT EXISTS. SHOULD YOU ATTACK BEFORE SECURING EVIDENCE, KNOW THAT YOU DO SO WITHOUT THE CONSENT NOR SUPPORT OF THE REST OF THE NEW ALLIANCE OF FREE STARS.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Vik, I feel no ill will towards you. I was just explaining what I would do if such an event were to come about. We will not slave shield you or drive you out of the quadrant unless you were attacking those who are our allies.

Umgah, you ask why only certain races were invited. This is not true, only three races have expressed interest, the Chenjesu, the Spathi and the Burvixese

The Alliance: I wish to know what activities that we are currently undertaking. What is the point of this alliance? What benefits does it give members. It appears that all of the members are bickering and I see no evidence of any sort of point to this alliance.

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Litwin gave a confused look at the Arilou befroe shaking his head sharply.

"Ambassador, I'd assume the Chenjesu would note that cooperation amongst races is necessary so our bickering doesn't escalate into something more.. dire."

He then turns to the VUX and gives the brightest, most sarcastic smile he can muster, as if to say 'You mean me? Fantastic!'

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:40 pm

"Well, since the Chmmr has agreed to help us recolonize, we have supplied you with a few Quasi-drive equipped guardian vessels. This drive not only gives the vessel the ability to push up into Quasi-space, but these guardians are exactly 5 times more maneuverable in truespace then our obsoleted models {The comet form, of course, is a different story!}. Perhaps you can study these vessels if you would need help. We are also willing to lend you a few of our most brilliant scientists if you need more scientific support."
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:43 pm

"Human, I understand the need for co-operation, but isn't this what this council is for? What is the Alliance for?

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Post by BaVB » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:31 am

(Yehat)If it be the word of the Alliance, we will not attack the wretched VUX race. But may I plead to ye, Chmmr and other Alliance members, we should act before the VUX does any heinous crimes they will most likely commit in the future.

(Pkhat)All I said was to warn the VUX, that if they make one move in the wrong direction, we will attack. That is all.

All the Pkunk did was smile.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:41 am

The Arilou delegates now look quite alarmed, apperently having forgotten about the Androsynth QuasiDrive. The second Arilou continues to tap on the Hyperwave, communicating with superiors, while the telepathic voice speaks:

"We cannot permit use of QuasiSpace for mass transit. We have detailed the reasons. But yet, you do not listen, you think you know better than the ones who have struggled to survive in QuasiSpace for millennia. We will not allow anyone to endanger the whole galaxy merely for the sake of faster travel. The Arilou are willing to tolerate no more than one fleet in QuasiSpace at any time. Any QuasiSpace presence exceeding this will be considered an act of war against the Arilou and will be acted upon accordingly. We did not wish things to come to this, but we have no other choice."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:26 am

"Androsynth delegate, I take the side of the Arilou when it comes to quasi-space travel. If anything, I believe the council is provoking them. Without the Arilou, we would not even be aware of quasi-space. Studying the space has been permitted. Entering it has not. We must respect the wishes of these people."

"Chmmr delegate, thank you for the assistance you are now providing to Home. I will make Prince Ghul aware of the approahing aid."

"Ambassador Vik. I know you find my race to be... distasteful. I apologize for being unable to change this. I hope, however, that our peoples can have a lasting peace. Both of our races grew up on Redux worlds. We have at least that in common. If it would please you, whenever in commmunication with your species, we will not transmit visually."

"Yehat delegate, I must say, I am slightly dissapointed. I always imagined the Yehat as a forgiving yet powerful race. Being so quick to jump into yet another war is disheartening."

"Ambassador William Litwin, We have studied earths history. We find that your people have created an interesting communication system called the Internet Prime. May we peacefully tap into this system?"

"Chenjesu and Chmmr delegates, I am sensing a type of conflict arrising. I feel as if both of you struggle for a role of leadership in this council. I was under the imprssion that there would be no master. The charter that my pronce signed never mentioned a leader. Please explain the nature of the council in further detail so that I can end my doubts."

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:08 am

Ambassador Litwin's sarcastic smile went unnoticed by VIK, who had been making a point to avoid looking at him. Instead, VIK responded to CHMMR delegate KZZKH.

"I am... pleased to know that you do not wish to place the VUX under a slave-shield, and I am aware of the reputation that my race has developed. But I stand by my original statement - As I've said, many members of my race do wish ill will toward many of the Alliance races, but considering the advantage in numbers that the Alliance has, attacking the Shofixti or any other race would be the very worst decision for our race at this time... We will remain secluded from other races for the time being."
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:32 am

(Chenjesu) Burvixese: I have not yet seen the charter nor have I signed it so I am technically not part of the Alliance at this time. But I must assure you that I am not trying to be in a role of leadership in this council. I have only put forward those opinions which I see fit to put forward.

Pkunk, Yehat, Pkhat: We wish to know your veiws on Quasi-Space travel.