The Grand Council Revival

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: The Grand Council Revival

Post by Draxas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:20 pm

After another long silence, KZZKH speaks again.

RECENT NEWS IS DEEPLY TROUBLING. THE CHMMR GOVERNEMENT HAS ALREADY DISPATCHED A SMALL CONTINGENT OF AVATARS TO CHENJESU SPACE, BUT THE LARGE MAJORITY OF OUR FLEET IS COMMITTED TO THE BATTLE WITH THE UR-QUAN AND MUCH TO FAR AWAY TO PROVIDE AID. WE FEAR THAT DIVIDING OUR FORCES WILL ONLY SPEED THE PACE OF THE JOINT FLEET'S CURRENT INEVITABLE RETREAT FROM THE COREWARD FRONT, BUT IT CANNOT BE HELPED. AMBASSADOR TZERK-TZAK-TZIK, YOU MAY EXPECT WHAT FORCES WE HAVE AVAILABLE TO ARRIVE WITHIN THE WEEK. HOPEFULLY, THIS IS FAST ENOUGH. IF YOU COULD KEEP THIS COUNCIL APPRISED OF THE TACTICAL SITUATION IN YOUR SPACE, WE WOULD BE BETTER ABLE TO EVALUATE THE THREAT.

AMBASSADOR AHND: WE HAVE ALSO DISPATCHED A SMALL CONTINGENT OF AVATARS FROM THE JOINT FLEET TO ASSIST IN DEFENDING HOME. HOWEVER, IT WILL BE SOME TIME BEFORE THEY ARRIVE. WE HAVE CONTACTED THE UTWIG, SUPOX, AND DRUUGE GOVERNEMENTS IN AN ATTEMPT TO SECURE ADDITIONAL REINFORCEMENTS AND DISSUADE THE DRUUGE FROM ATTEMPTING TO CLAIM YOUR SPACE, BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM ANY OF THEM, WHICH IS EVEN MORE TROUBLING. AS THE ONLY REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE COREWARD PORTION OF THE SECTOR, WE ALSO ASK THAT YOU KEEP THE COUNCIL APPRISED OF THE TACTICAL SITUATION IN YOUR REGION OF SPACE. ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU COULD PROVIDE INSIGHT AS TO WHY OUR ATTEMPTS AT COMMUNICATION ARE GOING UNANSWERED, THIS WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

AMBASSADOR VIK: WE DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR THE VUX ROLE IN THIS ATTACK ON CHENJESU WORLDS. THIS IS ALREADY AN OPEN DECLARATION OF WAR AGAINST THE NEW ALLIANCE OF FREE STARS. WE INTEND TO DEAL WITH THE IMMEDIATE THREAT IN CHENJESU SPACE FIRST, BUT IF A SUITABLE EXPLANATION IS NOT FORTHCOMING, WE WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST VUX WORLDS ONCE THAT SITUATION IS DEALT WITH.

AMBASSADOR FWARRIN: WE HAVE DIVERTED THE SHIELD TESTING UNIT TOWARD ORZ SPACE TO ATTEMPT TO MAKE DIPLOMATIC CONTACT AND DETERMINE THE REASON FOR THEIR ACTIONS. SHIELD FAILURE TESTING WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER TIME. WE MUST ALSO ONCE AGAIN IMPLORE THE SPATHI TO RECONSIDER THE IDEA OF ATTEMPTING TO HIDE FROM THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT WE MAY NOW BE FACING AN EXTRADIMENSIONAL THREAT TO WHICH A PHYSICAL BARRIER, SUCH AS A SLAVE SHIELD, WOULD BE MEANINGLESS.

AMBASSADOR TOOKIE ZOOKIE: WHILE WE UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH YOUR COHORTS' DECISION TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE VUX AND ORZ, WE IMPLORE YOU TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO PRIORITIZE THE IMMEDIATE THREAT IN THE CHENJESU STARS RATHER THAN HAVING THEM MAKE A DIRECT STRIKE AGAINST THE HOME STARS OF EITHER RACE, AT LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING. UNTIL WE UNDERSTAND THIS SITUATION AND THE NATURE OF THE THREAT FURTHER, WE WISH TO LIMIT THE SCOPE OF THIS CONFLICT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

ALL AMBASSADORS: AS WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, OUR ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE COREWARD AREA OF THE SECTOR APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED. WHILE WE ARE STILL ABLE TO CONTACT THE CHMMR IN THE JOINT FLEET, WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM ANY OF THE OTHER RACES, AND WE SUSPECT THAT ONLY OUR INNATE ABILITY TO RECEIVE HYPERWAVE SIGNALS ALLOWS US TO COMMUNICATE AT ALL. HAVE ANY OTHERS EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM AS WELL?

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:19 pm

"Chmmr delegate, I thank you."

"I have an update from Home. At first, our scanners read 26 Druuge maulers en route to our space. We have managed to fabricate a holographic image. The image displays a large number of Avatar class ships around home. At first, we thought that this ploy would fail. However, it seems to have slightly disuaded them. The Mauler fleet is considerably smaller at this time. 15 Maulers broke from the group and began a course for Utwig space.I have no doubt that the Utwig can deal with them."

"Also, an update about the core-ward front, as requested. Abassador KZZKH has already mentioned an inter-galactic hyper-wave failure originating in the core-ward front. Approximately three days ago, all of our scanners had a sudden fluctuation. We believe that this is directly related to the problem the Chmmr are facing. Also, given that our scanners and hyper-wave technologies are much more advanced, we believe that the less advanced systems of the Utwig and Supox may be disfunctional. The image that I mentioned a few mintues ago was extremely difficult to get throught to the Druuge fleet. Given their proximity to our space, though, we succeeded in sending it."

"We have had little contact with the Utwig since our Home revival effort. This is unfortunate because our pre-war relationship was a strong one. We will attempt to make contact once more and will keep the council updated on any further progress."

"Ambassador Fwarrin, we accept your aid in the oncoming confrontations. We cannot make use of the shield, however. I will explain why."

"All delegates, we ask that the 'ban' (And I use this word lightly) be lifted on the use of a slave shield as protection. This would only be a temporary use and what ever shielding we use, would be shut down after our threat with the Druuge has sub-sided. Do I have the suppport of the council?"

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Post by BaVB » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:29 pm

(Pkunk)The Yehat and Pkunk are concentrating their forces mainly on the homestars of the Orz. They are not accepting communication any longer and the Yehat/Pkhat have already launched their first ships. The first 20 created Pkhat Swingers, attached with new Arilou tech, have made their first launch with the thousands of Yehat Terminators exiting the home star. These Pkhat Swingers are highly powerful, after the inheritance of Arilou tech we balanced the ship to a more stable state. It is very powerful, but I don't think the 10,020 Yehat and Pkhat ships will penetrate very far into Orz space.

We ourselves are dispatching 200 ships to aid in Chenjesu space, a hefty load for our much smaller population. We hope our Yehat and Pkhat brothers will listen to us and call back their ships to be replaced to goto Chenjesu space instead.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:56 pm

The telepathic voice suddenly rings out:

"Pkunk, there is no need for your brethren to divert their vessels to Chenjesu space. It is just as imperative that the threat in Vulpeculae be neutralized as it is that the *hands* in Chenjesu space be destroyed. The Orz would undoubtedly prevail over Alliance forces should they succed in pushing even more *hands* through the Vulpeculae portal. We do, however, implore that the VUX homeworld be ignored, at least for the time being, and of course your fleets should be diverted to Chenjesu space once the Vulpeculae portal has been safely sealed.

Spathi, a single Skiff has been... dispatched to Spathiwa's surface to illustrate the folly of relying on mere physical barriers against... extradimensional threats. You cannot hide under this slave shield. Your only hope of surviving the Orz... invasion is to fight. On a strategic note, we recommend all Spathi ships be diverted to aid the Yehat and Pkhat against the Orz's portal in Vulpeculae, since they are close to the Vulpeculae constellation already.

Chmmr delegate, the Orz is a much, much greater threat to you than the Ur-Quan. We suggest you divert a portion of your coreward fleet to Chenjesu space temporarily, and attempt to delay the Ur-Quan by means of stellar fortifications. We are prepared to provide QuasiSpatial transport for these fleets, because of the dire threat we all are under.

With regard to the... disruption in HyperWave communications, this has been caused by... ripples in the fabric of HyperSpace, stirred up by the Orz... pushing these two *hands* into TrueSpace. Assuming no more massive dimensional fatigue operations are conducted, this will subside in time. In the meantime, perhaps we can be of assistance. A Skiff has been dispatched to the diplomatic headquarters of every Alliance race, within effective range of standard radio communications. These craft can act as relay points, transmitting messages using our advanced communication... abilities. Send messages to your Skiff craft, and we will ensure that they reach their destinations.

All delegates: We wish to... synchronize our QuasiSpatial assault on the Orz with your attacks on its outposts here. Please inform us in advance when you will strike, so that we can properly time our attack."
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:07 am

Chmmr and Arilou delegates, I know of inefficiency of the shield against ORZ, but Safe Ones have decided, and the decision is final. Further more, as the shield was encapsulated, I no longer have the ability to communicate with Spathiwa.
Our ships, unfortunately, were not quite effective against Orz vessels in all simulations we have had. Perhaps our fleet would be more of use in coreward front, relieving some of ships more suitable to destroy Nemesis crafts. Yes, I know of time it would take to travel, but am unwilling to send my countryfolk into battle they can't help in.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:43 am

"Ambassador Fwarrin, if you need to communicate with Spathiwa, we can provide you with the means."

"That also goes for the rest of the delegates. Although the Arilou have already offered something similar, we can provide hyper-wave renderer arrays to the Arilou to spread through the sector. Once there, we can activate them and the rest of you should have hyper-wave communication again."

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:00 pm

All ambassadors, we thank you for all the help you have given us and I hope we can prevail. They are destroying our worlds though, and, as far as we can tell, we are not the only ones. Our natural Hyperwave capabilities have allowed us to pick up the screams of other species, which we have yet to meet. They are all around us, closing in on the Vulpuculae constellation.
We are worried that other species may join the Vux and Orz fleet, because of their great strength.
Shofixti, Yehat, Pkhat and Pkunk, a large fleet of Orz recently diverted their attack towards your area of space.
Chmmr, we can contact our troops fighting the Ur-Quan, but alot of them are coming home, to help defend our home.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:06 am

Ambassador Ahnd, I thank you for the offer, but the communication wouldn't be possible - even if *MY* signal would penetrate the shield, Spathiwa would not be able to respond, having left our 'Caster for Zelnick.
And I have already given all the reasons I could against encapsulation. Repeating will not aid the cause.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:29 am

"News from the Core. Our ships are in battle with the Druuge task force at this time. Of our 20 Arks, we have lost contact with 3 and 4 more are confirmed to be damaged. However, of the 11 Druuge Maulers, only three remain thanks to the Eluders. Our remaining arcs are picking off the rest."

"We have recieved what appears to be a message of Utwig origin. We were unable to comprehend the verbal portion of the message and the visual portion was extremely unclear. We are losing hyper-wave stability. Soon, I will be cut off from Home unless the source of this problem is dealt with. This.. *fingers*... issue must be taken care of."

"The Ur-quan have taken vital points in their now growing portion of space. From what we can tell they are planning to cut a swath straight to Earth. Ambassador Litwin, we need Earth's government to step in here."

"If I do lose contact with Home, my being here will be useless. I will have no choice but to leave the council for a time to return to Home if such an event should occur."

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 am

The Arilou Speaker has been concentrating on its console for all this time, seemingly very busy with various tasks. A Skiff appears above the Council planet, as the telepathic voice speaks:

"With regard to communication issues, the Skiff network we mentioned eariler is now fully tested and functioning, all delegates may relay messages via HyperWave to the Skiff stationed here, and we will ensure they reach their intended destination."

The Arilou Speaker now bends back down, once again furiously typing on the console.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod