Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: The Raven Squadron (OOC)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Hello everybody,

I am playing with the idea of creating a star control offshot of the d20 system and I wanted to know if anybody would be interested in playing.

The scenario I have in mind is set 20 years after the event of star control 2 and the Playable Character (PC) group will be composed of a group of pirates who recently got stranded on a human colony after crash landing. While your morality is open to debate, they are not evil as a whole. Players can take any of the following race to play their character:
-Human (balanced)
-Spathi (Increased dexterity, lowered wisdom)
-Arilou (Increased intelligence, psychic abilities, lowered constitution)
-Yehat (Increased wisdom, lowered charisma)
-Shofixti (slightly increased in stregth and dexterity, lowered intelligence)
-Umgah (slightly increased in charisma and constitution, lowered wisdom)
-Traddash (increase in constitution and strength, lowered charisma and wisdom)

Once I got enough people, I will roll the character sheet with different skill set and starting equipment. The story will both take place in space and on the ground.

A player who wish to join in needs to write a small description of his character, his behavior, habit, trait, alignment IN PRIVATE. I will take the first four participant for now but may choose to increase if popular enough!

Have fun :)

Post subject: Re: The Raven Squadron (OOC)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Interesting…. I might be interested, though I have a lot of other stuff going on in the next few weeks. Hopefully enough people are interested to get it started and I can join later! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:37 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

Aww, no Utwig in the list.. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

There is always a wiggle room ;)!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:24 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

Well, I guess I'll think about if I should take part in this or not.

Also, if a Utwig were to be added, what would the stats be?
Perhaps lowered Strength but slightly increased Intelligence and Wisdom?
Also, equippable masks for the Utwig that buffs stats?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:56 am 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Interesting idea. Perhaps balanced stats and the masks change them significantly. This would make it somewhat broken as a game mechanics following player character.
The masks do work as a placebo/nocebo, I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:34 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

interesting idea there, since I would be tempted to play with the mechanics of the Utwig mood...can be a big dump or a big increase in charisma depending on the mask and mood of the player.

Let's face it, their wisdom can be put all over the place...They are capable of almost clairvoyance decisions(demonstrated by the attack on the Korh-ha ) and dumb cultural depression (not quite wise when you think about it). An intriguing race indeed.

I'm okay with starting with like 2 or 3 people...makes it easier for me to track everything!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:56 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

glory_device wrote:
interesting idea there, since I would be tempted to play with the mechanics of the Utwig mood...can be a big dump or a big increase in charisma depending on the mask and mood of the player.

Well, when it comes to the masks, they could be different in many ways. Perhaps, for example, the "Mask of Clear Thinking at Peace" which gives ++Wisdom and --Strength (In this case one - is a minor debuff, whilst two - is a normal debuff. Same applies with +)

The idea of a mood-system, similar to morale systems, seems like a good idea and could also be incorporated into the mask system (So that, say, the mask above would only be equippable at or above morale level 55/100, whilst others like the "Mask of Ultimate Embarassment and Shame" (which was used during the destroyed-Ultron depression) would be giving --All Stats but be the only mask wearable at morale 0/100.
This, ofcourse, takes for granted that a mask HAS to be worn by the Utwig at any and all times else the low-morale masks which are commonly negative would simply remain un-equipped.

(By the way, you misspelled Kohr-Ah)
glory_device wrote:
Let's face it, their wisdom can be put all over the place...They are capable of almost clairvoyance decisions(demonstrated by the attack on the Korh-ha ) and dumb cultural depression (not quite wise when you think about it). An intriguing race indeed.

Also, one last thing..
glory_device wrote:
A player who wish to join in needs to write a small description of his character, his behavior, habit, trait, alignment IN PRIVATE. I will take the first four participant for now but may choose to increase if popular enough!

Here you say in private, but do you mean a private message to you, so you know too, or private as to myself so only I know?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

To me as well, so I can build the scenario around the people who plays it. Rolling the character sheet will help too. Also, I will do small adaptation of the classic so I can make it happens and I don't want to fully design all the races and class, therefore I wait to see what needs to be done (for story purpose and game mechanics).

But, you can assume that class-wise there is the soldier class, the pilot, the engineer, the Psion (for arilou and to a lesser degree the Utwig), The trader.

In terms of skills and feat they will be related to your capacity for ship reparation, construction, melee fighting, crafting, haggling and general actions...You get the point!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:39 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

One very important question - what is the expected pace of the game? If it's 1 or 2 posts/rounds a day I'm in. If slower I'll pass, as it will be just to boring. If faster, I might not be able to commit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next