Still kicking. Kind of.

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

2-23-6
*squeezing* *juice*!!!

Re: Still kicking. Kind of.

Post by 2-23-6 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:03 pm

I've changed the world several times. One day in 2012 you woke up and didn't even notice what I did that affected you so profoundly. You heard it from every media outlet though during the whole day. :)

Media used to be less biased until Ronald Reagan canceled laws that required fair representation of opinions. Then it all quickly slid downhill. Couple that with the fact that people don't like to pay for credible reporting and we are where we are.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Well, my reduction in time was mainly because of change of job, nothing to do with OT.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Draxas wrote: Man, screw politics. There used to be loads of cool stuff going on on these boards and then a bunch of BS confined to Off Topic drove everyone away? Now I'm less sad, more pissed, really.
Some people have weird trigger reactions, some go crazy when asked about the androsynth, some attack you when you ask why the color of their bridge changed, and some leave a gaming forum because of BS discussions about politics.
We had the same in the SC mailing group in 1999 and then I think we decided not to discuss politics there anymore.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Hey, I've been thinking... maybe Trump won't be such a bad president after all.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:20 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:Hey, I've been thinking... maybe Trump won't be such a bad president after all.
That's it, I'm leaving! ;).
This opinion is not tolerated :D

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Angelfish wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:Hey, I've been thinking... maybe Trump won't be such a bad president after all.
<br abp="766"><br abp="767">That's it, I'm leaving! ;).<br abp="768">This opinion is not tolerated :D
Attention interloper, your opinion does not match any known hierarchy identification codes, and is thus deemed to be... independent. This is not permissible. Please remain here. An Ur-Quan liquidation vessel is on its way to censor your thought. Disobedience... will be punished.

Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Yikes! I take it all back!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Don't worry. I still have a life outside of Star Control ;)