Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Dyandod »

chenjesuwizard wrote:
2-23-6 wrote:How about growing a penis and taking some responsibility?
Yes, because all women are unable to take responsibility. That's why they have a man to look after them!
I'm not quite convinced that's what he meant...
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Dyandod wrote:
chenjesuwizard wrote:
2-23-6 wrote:How about growing a penis and taking some responsibility?
Yes, because all women are unable to take responsibility. That's why they have a man to look after them!
I'm not quite convinced that's what he meant...
Even so, it's an example of the inherent sexism present in western society.
User avatar
RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by RTyp06 »

Sexisim isn't just a western culture thing, it seems to be world wide. I'd say women have it better in western culture than they do in most of the middle east.
User avatar
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Draxas »

Lukipela wrote:Anyway, I'm heading towards fatherhood in about five months. Planned and all, but still a little scary.
Holy crap, congrats Luki! Why did everyone else ignore this? :o-smf

Also, didn't you just get married back in May? You two certainly wasted no time. ;)-smf
User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Lukipela »

Dyandod wrote:I'm not quite convinced that's what he meant...
Out of interest and since this thread is already hopelessly derailed from it's original purpose, what do you think he meant?
Draxas wrote: Holy crap, congrats Luki! Why did everyone else ignore this? :o-smf

Also, didn't you just get married back in May? You two certainly wasted no time. ;)-smf
Thanks. Yeah, we didn't waste much time. We got married last April, but we've been together 2003 so we felt quite ready. I'm 31 and my wife is 30 and we both have fair jobs so it seemed like a good time to get the whole family ball rolling. If I hadn't gone abroad in 2009 both of these things would probably have happened a bit sooner, but life is what it is. Due date is in July so still a bit left to go, but the whole thing started in November, which is why you haven't seen a lot of me and why there's been no action in Heavy Space either. Priority override, so to speak.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Lukipela wrote:
Dyandod wrote:I'm not quite convinced that's what he meant...
Out of interest and since this thread is already hopelessly derailed from it's original purpose, what do you think he meant?
It wasn't much. I just took as a statement that women lacked the power to make decisions, as if growing a penis would suddenly make one able to make decisions. It comes from my dislike of the phrase "man up", which promotes gender stereotypes.

Also, just before I wrote that I had spent the day dealing with a bunch of bigots, so I kind of assumed he was using it a sexist way. But even if he wasn't, it still doesn't make it right, as it's the underlying sexism in most of western society shining through.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Lukipela wrote: Thanks. Yeah, we didn't waste much time. We got married last April, but we've been together 2003 so we felt quite ready. I'm 31 and my wife is 30 and we both have fair jobs so it seemed like a good time to get the whole family ball rolling. If I hadn't gone abroad in 2009 both of these things would probably have happened a bit sooner, but life is what it is. Due date is in July so still a bit left to go, but the whole thing started in November, which is why you haven't seen a lot of me and why there's been no action in Heavy Space either. Priority override, so to speak.
Wow. Big step. But I wish the best luck to both of you in her pregnancy. I hope the baby is happy and healthy!
User avatar
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Dyandod »

Lukipela wrote:
Dyandod wrote:I'm not quite convinced that's what he meant...
Out of interest and since this thread is already hopelessly derailed from it's original purpose, what do you think he meant?
It sounded like a joke, and not to be taken seriously. I suppose he could've used a different phrase instead.

You know, I can't even remember who said it, now...
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!
User avatar
RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by RTyp06 »

Wow, 'grats Lukipela. ... Only what, 4 more to go after this one? ;)
User avatar
Saria
Pkunk Elder
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Can Town
Contact:

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Saria »

Lukipela wrote:
Dyandod wrote:I'm not quite convinced that's what he meant...
Out of interest and since this thread is already hopelessly derailed from it's original purpose, what do you think he meant?
Draxas wrote: Holy crap, congrats Luki! Why did everyone else ignore this? :o-smf

Also, didn't you just get married back in May? You two certainly wasted no time. ;)-smf
Thanks. Yeah, we didn't waste much time. We got married last April, but we've been together 2003 so we felt quite ready. I'm 31 and my wife is 30 and we both have fair jobs so it seemed like a good time to get the whole family ball rolling. If I hadn't gone abroad in 2009 both of these things would probably have happened a bit sooner, but life is what it is. Due date is in July so still a bit left to go, but the whole thing started in November, which is why you haven't seen a lot of me and why there's been no action in Heavy Space either. Priority override, so to speak.
!!!!!

Do you have any names in mind?! Oh my gosh this is so exciting best of luck to you both!
Post Reply