Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where are you heading?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:24 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

...let's get the twins on the road before having any rash decision about a 4th one shall we? :P

And, yeah...so far, we are very fortunate with our son. The only problem that we have is that he still wake up during night, but we have only ourselves to blame for this one (and perhaps my father in law who introduced that at some point)...Essentially he tucked him with his bottle full of milk overnight...therefore a really bad habbit was set in place and his realllllly hard to break up.

Aside from that, we are really lucky that he is so easy. Hence the reason that we considered having other kids and didn't want a huge gap between them. Twins....you can't plan for that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:37 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

What, he sleeps with the bottle? Sounds like a good way to have s pill during the night. With ours, we started giving less food during some of the night-time breaks and after a while she began sleeping through the smaller feedings. Going from three feedings to two, and then one was pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:27 am 
Ilwrath torturer

The story is a bit more complex and a lot of back story to it...but, the TLDR version is: the real reason why sleeping with a bottle is a bad idea (unless it is water) is that no matter what happen, he will require you to replenish the bottle of milk. It also creates hunger during night which is artificial and not actually needed.

With water, you can either leave plenty of it or he simply don't need as much.

Recently red a book about sleep disorder among children and babies...and we did a few don't do it hence some problems...won't get caught again tho!

For the solution, we started to cut his milk bottle with water when we tuck him or if he wake up...the goal is to completely replace milk by water slowly but surely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:41 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Achoo! Dusty account.

Hi! I'm now living in Espoo, Finland and working in a 3 man software company. We work on depth sensors, interactive ads, motion capture, animation tools, that kind of doohickeys. As a start-up it's a lot of long days and few rules. Last weekend we were in Amsterdam at Blender Conference.

I'm generally still doing what I did before. Now that I don't have university stuff bugging me down I've had a revitalized interest in reading fiction, playing guitar and all that stuff.

Oh, I had a haircut for the first time in n years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Gekko wrote:
I'm generally still doing what I did before. Now that I don't have university stuff bugging me down I've had a revitalized interest in reading fiction, playing guitar and all that stuff.

Oh, I had a haircut for the first time in n years.

I dig the guitar licks!...and the haircut!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:52 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

Good, your hair looks better. Congrats on being done!

Also, please tap into the untold potential that is industrial software, and start making programs and systems that don't make me want to kill myself when I interact with them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:59 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

So I found an old candy bar. It's... I actually have no clue how old it is, but it expired four years ago. Oddly, it still tastes fairly good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:35 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.
Quasispatial wrote:
So I found an old candy bar. It's... I actually have no clue how old it is, but it expired four years ago. Oddly, it still tastes fairly good.

Thanks for that enlightening and relevant information quasi! XD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:05 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Most of expiration dates needs to be taken with a grain of salt...especially everything related to dry food or canned food.

If it doesn't taste bad..then you know it's fine. Taste might be sliiiightly affected, but that is to be expected I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:05 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

The Troglodyte wrote:
Bleeding Star wrote:
Other than that, food and drink is crazy cheap, which is sweet, but the air not so much.

Has your diet changed much? What kinds of food are good there? Have you tried anything new that was super gross? Sorry for the questionnaire, I'm just very fond of trying new food, and I wonder what the local cuisine is like there.

Well, I eat a lot of Chinese food, I guess. The local specialty is Goubuli baozi, some kind of pork-filled dumpling, which is pretty good. Fortunately, there's But this area isn't super famous for its food. Luckily, there's a lot of good Sichuan and Korean restaurants about; I love both cuisines.

Lukipela wrote:
What in the world are you doing there?

Job. Vain attempt to get my academic career off the ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next