Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A bit of my history
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Hi guys,

For those who don't know, I'm a franco-Canadian and a Quebecer (simply put: I live in the province of Quebec and I speak French).

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the last referendum that tried to transform Quebec into a sovereign nation. While I'm not a sovereignist at heart...I still remember when I was following that particular topic when I was 6 years old.

So, if you want to learn a little bit about my culture and my country, I suggest that you read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995

Feel free to ask questions or anything :)! (and yes that include...how do you say x in French...but only if I can retaliate for a language that I don't know!)

Post subject: Re: A bit of my history
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

That vote sure was close! I wonder how different things would be now if Quebec would have gained sovereignty.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:29 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

So quebec ís real!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:00 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

The Troglodyte wrote:
That vote sure was close! I wonder how different things would be now if Quebec would have gained sovereignty.

That's a question that a lot of Quebecers ask themselves...Rumor is that the vote was so tight that the canadian government wouldn't have accepted the outcome.

and yes Angelfish, we are real!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:42 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Come to think of it, you may be part of the conspiracy that promotes the existence of Quebec.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:28 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Boy you wish...I'm actually a federalist in all that story and I can't stand some of the sovereignist that are basically clueless about their situation and are simply world class complainers. They often don't have arguments to support their view and simply say that sovereignty will solve every problems period.

So, no I'm not trying to do propaganda, but it is still an important aspect of my culture and I'm still proud to be a part of Quebec despite the fact that I also consider myself Canadian...It's like a dual citizenship!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:19 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

glory_device wrote:
Boy you wish...I'm actually a federalist in all that story and I can't stand some of the sovereignist that are basically clueless about their situation and are simply world class complainers. They often don't have arguments to support their view and simply say that sovereignty will solve every problems period.

So, no I'm not trying to do propaganda, but it is still an important aspect of my culture and I'm still proud to be a part of Quebec despite the fact that I also consider myself Canadian...It's like a dual citizenship!

Do you have square wheels on your cars?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:06 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Angelfish wrote:

Darn, that was going to be my question.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:58 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

The Troglodyte wrote:
Angelfish wrote:

Darn, that was going to be my question.

Is this some weird stereotype about Canadian that I'm not aware of? The only one related is that Quebecers often mention rest of canada (ROC) citizens as square heads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:10 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

glory_device wrote:
Is this some weird stereotype about Canadian that I'm not aware of? The only one related is that Quebecers often mention rest of canada (ROC) citizens as square heads.

I think it was a joke, actually.