The YouTube Thread

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Re: The YouTube Thread

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Lukipela wrote:
Dyandod wrote:
chenjesuwizard wrote:
It really annoys me when people don't know.
I knew most of the beginning stuff and had a vague understanding about the other stuff.
I thoroughly enjoyed this one, thanks.
There is also another one explaining the difference between Holland and the Netherlands.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Could you post that one?
chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Thanks, I learned a surprising amount from that. Never knew "Holland" doesn't exist as we think of it.
chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Same. I had no idea that it had several other provinces and I've been there, albeit when I was a child.
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

I was very excited to see a recording of a 1994 performance by my favorite band, Dog Faced Hermans.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

This could also go to "Pissed megathread". That's pretty much is what I think about last 10 years or so of gaming.

To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 »

So I take it you will not be purchasing EA Games' Sim City 5? I'm thinking about it but have been hearing some dissapointing reviews of the product.

This guy seems to like it though:
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Alvarin wrote:This could also go to "Pissed megathread". That's pretty much is what I think about last 10 years or so of gaming.

Yeah, I more or less stopped buying PC games about a decade ago, playing mostly console games. I make an exception every once in a while for something that I think is worth the hassle.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Eth wrote:Yeah, I more or less stopped buying PC games about a decade ago, playing mostly console games. I make an exception every once in a while for something that I think is worth the hassle.
Same here, except I haven't made an exception since 2006 or so. Finding out that software I've purchased is useless as anything but a coaster unless I spend big bucks upgrading my PC was pretty disheartening. I still waste tons of time playing stupid flash games on Kongregate, though, so there is that.
RTyp06 wrote:So I take it you will not be purchasing EA Games' Sim City 5? I'm thinking about it but have been hearing some dissapointing reviews of the product.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this game like the plague. The launch was so horribly botched, and the released game broken, and EA so unapologetic about the whole thing being due to their refusal to diable their always-on-internet DRM, that NOBODY should buy this game. If you do get it, expect it not to work most of the time (though apparently that's been improving as frustrated users quit, so their server load has been going down). What's worse, unless reviewers have been updating their initial reviews after launch, none of this will be reflected, since pre-release reviews were conducted in an isolated bubble with few enough people that the load issues experienced at launch would never come up.

The Penny Arcade Report has been covering this extensively for the past few weeks, and doing a damn fine job of it to boot.