I've made another .MOD style song

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

I've made another .MOD style song

Post by Nuclear » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:58 am

Much better than my older stuff.
Last edited by Nuclear on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: I've made another .MOD style song

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Bring on the dancing girls!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:03 pm

I love that GIF so much. She is from a shortfilm/music video simply called "me!me!me!", and she's supposed to be a representation of an over-idealized fictional escape being conflated with regular reality, or some shit like that. Whether or not you're into anime I recommend anyone who likes cartoons to give it a watch. You won't be disappointed, but you will be very, very weirded out.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:29 pm

I like the lyrics, I can imagine it must have been very liberating and empowering for you putting down the words to describe your feelings and everything. Especially liked the hook; nice chorus.

I'll be sure to watch the "me! me! me!", but perhaps I should wait for when I'm not at work...

Speaking of strange and unusual anime, something that came to mind, if you ever want to see an odd, disturbing, but awesome movie, check out "Ninja Scroll."
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 am

I added a vocaloid to my song, so now you can have some adorable robot singing alongside your Amiga demoscene goodness. What do you think?

I also have another song in the works that I'll post a preview of here some time, though it's been on hiatus for quite a while. I don't exactly consider myself a musician, I just like to tinker once in a blue moon.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:44 am

Wow. I like it.
The vocals are a bit weak every now and then, I had to read to understand them as they blended a bit too much with the music.
But I am impressed at what that vocal comp voice can do.

Thank you.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:57 am

Glad you liked it! Yeah, mixing was never my forte, and this was my first time using vocaloid so I'm quite the noob. The only way I could think of to make the voice more bright was to apply distortion, and that's a direction I wanted to avoid for the sake of preserving the whole Amiga Demoscene style sound.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:56 am

possibly increase the volume of the voice in the concerned passages?

Otherwise I liked it very much.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:44 pm

I could've sworn I've heard something that sounded fairly close to this in a sushi bar or somewhere... Anyway, I can mostly follow along without the lyrics, but krulle's right that it is necessary sometimes, and the line of "healing my bloody broken heart" stands out kinda funny when she says the word "bloody". Very well done though -- it sounds great!

Good job Nuke! :)