Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Happy Birthday Nuclear!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:32 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Enjoy your special day!

And may ALL of your birthday wishes come true!

Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday Nuclear!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:48 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Adorable, this may very well be the first time a thread is made in honor of someone else's birthday ;D-smf thanks a bunch man. The second decade of my existence has now officially concluded.

I'll be honest, I'm not doing too hot lately... the love of my life for 3 years had left me a little while ago, as one could probably infer from the lyrics in my song lol. Trying my best to stay positive. It's the little things that count, such as birthday wishes hehe. Thanks again.

I'll be getting my tattoo finished soon using my birthday funds. Maybe I'll post a picture here when its done and see if anyone recognizes where she's from :P-smf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

It took me several "swings and misses" (and one of those was a 5 year relationship) before I found my true love. My recommendation is to consider it a good thing, better to find out it's not meant to be sooner than later. I know that's cliché, but it was definitely true for me. Besides, love lost can be a great inspiration for some fantastic introspective and melancholy music, etc..

Be sure to show off that tat!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Can't agree more with Trog...also, it's never too soon to kinda sorta live with someone...because I saw perfectly working couple crumble after 7 years of relation ship after living together for a mere...month!

Good luck in everything Nuclear, all the best!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Indeed...but this is supposed to be a happy occasion!

Everybody now...a one...and a two...and a...

"For he's a jolly good fellow! For he's a jolly good fellow! For he's a jolly good fellow!......."
(ahem)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:20 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

In regards to relationships, I'll take your guys' word for it. Thanks :)-smf I'm feeling better already

I vote Trog for moderator status. You've got that welcoming spirit that I used to get from Lukipela back in the day. The board hasn't felt this warm in years, to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:04 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Thanks, I'm flattered, but really, brightening somebody's day was reward enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:15 am 
Ilwrath torturer

Nuclear wrote:
I vote Trog for moderator status. You've got that welcoming spirit that I used to get from Lukipela back in the day. The board hasn't felt this warm in years, to be honest.

I could get behind this. At first, I thought he'd be one of those newbies that would fizzle out in a few weeks. Bu the longer he's here, the more he proves he's an avid and persistent gamer. He appears to love Star Control as much as the next guy and he hasn't even finished it. He's kind, speaks his mind, but is also helpful.

I'd like to see him finish the game before being promoted though :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Well that certainly gives me something to work towards! ;) And thanks Maloo for the very nice words.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:39 pm 
ZFP Peacekeeper

I agree, I'll back him once he's past the point of being spoilable.