Old timer thread

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

2-23-6
Always *jumping in front*

Re: Old timer thread

Post by 2-23-6 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Considering that I'm becoming wealthier every year now, yes, we should one day revisit it. Also figure out how to get Buzzy from Israel to join. We'll see what Origins turns out to be like, but I have a feeling that it will be crap.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:17 pm

2-23-6 wrote:Considering that I'm becoming wealthier every year now, yes, we should one day revisit it. Also figure out how to get Buzzy from Israel to join. We'll see what Origins turns out to be like, but I have a feeling that it will be crap.
I'm a founder and don't think it's going to be crappy :).
Buzzy was from hungary right?

2-23-6
Always *jumping in front*

Post by 2-23-6 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

No, he was in Israel, originally from Russia. Origins so far looks too 3D-flyer, prove me wrong. :)

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:45 am

2-23-6 wrote:No, he was in Israel, originally from Russia. Origins so far looks too 3D-flyer, prove me wrong. :)
If Star Control has taught me anything it is that you shouldn't judge a game by its graphics. Let's not pass judgement until we actually have a chance to try out the gameplay.
...Although I do hope they add some sort of planet map to the groundside exploration, so you can actually find where you are. The third-person lander perspective may hold the risk of being disorientating.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 am

Quasispatial wrote:
2-23-6 wrote:No, he was in Israel, originally from Russia. Origins so far looks too 3D-flyer, prove me wrong. :)
If Star Control has taught me anything it is that you shouldn't judge a game by its graphics. Let's not pass judgement until we actually have a chance to try out the gameplay.
...Although I do hope they add some sort of planet map to the groundside exploration, so you can actually find where you are. The third-person lander perspective may hold the risk of being disorientating.
It's just wip, nothing's set in stone.

By the way; any founders here? The founders community is like this one, i'm trolling the hell out of the people over there too and I could use some help ;).

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:01 pm

i'm a founder, but sadly I lack the time or the desire to be a troll. I leave this in your competent hand captain Angelfish.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:01 am

glory_device wrote:i'm a founder, but sadly I lack the time or the desire to be a troll. I leave this in your competent hand captain Angelfish.
thanks for the vote of confidence!