Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Old timer thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm 
*squeezing* *juice*!!!

Considering that I'm becoming wealthier every year now, yes, we should one day revisit it. Also figure out how to get Buzzy from Israel to join. We'll see what Origins turns out to be like, but I have a feeling that it will be crap.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:17 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

2-23-6 wrote:
Considering that I'm becoming wealthier every year now, yes, we should one day revisit it. Also figure out how to get Buzzy from Israel to join. We'll see what Origins turns out to be like, but I have a feeling that it will be crap.

I'm a founder and don't think it's going to be crappy :).
Buzzy was from hungary right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am 
*squeezing* *juice*!!!

No, he was in Israel, originally from Russia. Origins so far looks too 3D-flyer, prove me wrong. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:45 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

2-23-6 wrote:
No, he was in Israel, originally from Russia. Origins so far looks too 3D-flyer, prove me wrong. :)

If Star Control has taught me anything it is that you shouldn't judge a game by its graphics. Let's not pass judgement until we actually have a chance to try out the gameplay.
...Although I do hope they add some sort of planet map to the groundside exploration, so you can actually find where you are. The third-person lander perspective may hold the risk of being disorientating.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Quasispatial wrote:
2-23-6 wrote:

If Star Control has taught me anything it is that you shouldn't judge a game by its graphics. Let's not pass judgement until we actually have a chance to try out the gameplay.
...Although I do hope they add some sort of planet map to the groundside exploration, so you can actually find where you are. The third-person lander perspective may hold the risk of being disorientating.

It's just wip, nothing's set in stone.

By the way; any founders here? The founders community is like this one, i'm trolling the hell out of the people over there too and I could use some help ;).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:01 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

i'm a founder, but sadly I lack the time or the desire to be a troll. I leave this in your competent hand captain Angelfish.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:01 am 
Slylandro gasbags

glory_device wrote:
i'm a founder, but sadly I lack the time or the desire to be a troll. I leave this in your competent hand captain Angelfish.

thanks for the vote of confidence!