Formerly spam thread

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Formerly spam thread

Post by Alvarin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 am

Perhaps an occasional spammer is a moderately good thing in these parts of the web...
Brought some activity :)
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Alvarin wrote:Perhaps an occasional spammer is a moderately good thing in these parts of the web...
Brought some activity :)
And on that note, perhaps we should install a little friendly competition with our mods to see who can catch the most spammers most quickly!... And Alvarin has scored the first point! @Death 999, you'd better step up your game buddy! :P
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 pm

That would have been a really unhealthy competition... With this spammer being a sole registrant in a month or so a potential welcoming, or even solicitation of spam sources could arise. Alternatively, existing users could become ban targets for contrived reasons.
Also, need to see if a mod could ban a mod... For technical victory due to a lack of active opponents. Hmm...

(I realize the suggestion was made in jest)
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 am

We do not realize your intention toban other mods as a jest. More as pushing the boundaries of the rules for a permanent advantage over any opponents.

;)

But I agree, such a competetion would make only sense, if all mods play fair and keep doing the same quality of great work they've been doing the past years.
(Thanks!)

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Alvarin wrote:Also, need to see if a mod could ban a mod... For technical victory due to a lack of active opponents. Hmm...
:? Uh... we haven't heard from Death in a while... Alvarin? ? ? What have you done?! :o ......... :lol:
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 am

I've been alternating crazy busy at work, and taking care of the family. And the kids have mostly abandoned playing the game - but this week I might get them back on it. We'll se.