The New members thread

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

The New members thread

Post by Nuclear » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 am

And so, I made a thread where we can acknowledge the presence of new members and discuss why the heck they joined but didn't post anything {:D}. This can also serve as a greetings thread if need be {Although its own thread is usually more formal}.

Our newest member at the the moment is Timecrash, who seems like he will remain static for the time being. We also have what could be 2 new frequenters, Alvarin and oldlaptop. Welcome to the board you 2. Enjoy your stay :)-smf
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: The New members thread

Post by Alvarin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 am

Thank you!
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

sedodes
Hunam adventurer

Post by sedodes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 pm

I remember when threads like these would contain an almost standardized warning not to piss me off. Ahh, youth...

That said, welcome to the board newbies! Off topic is by far the most interesting subsection with Heavy Space being a close second, you'll probably tire of the rest quickly as the threads therein are pretty much just infinite variations on very few themes... whereas here we (almost) buy missile silos and get to know each other in often embarrassingly personal ways!

Oh yes, and don't forget to be mean to Rider as he's a masochist. He's a filthy slut and loves the attention.
The most important thing to realize in life is that anyone can justify anything.

Rider
Not Ride Her

Post by Rider » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Oh yes, and don't forget to be mean to Rider as he's a masochist. He's a filthy slut and loves the attention.
Wut? That's ludicrous!

Not the attention bit though, that's very much accurate actually.
Hehe, that's what I said!

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Get down and lick my boots, Rider! Normally, members are allowed to talk back to Sedodes, but not in your case. When the member is such a bloated swine, such a mangy, low-down cur, such a pussy-gutted tub of lard, such a brainless, filthy spawn of the lowest dregs of the rottenest scum of space, such an utterly incompetent, self-opinionated, misbegotten abortion as you are, only absolute subservience will be tolerated.

Alvarin, the Don Quixote Spathi is bizarre, but cute. Welcome to the board. Don't piss off Sedodes! ;)

FreakyM
Orz *camper*

Post by FreakyM » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:51 pm

The lurker acknowledges you.
You are approved. Proceed.
Not gone. Drifting in the flow of the world, observing.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon May 03, 2010 6:26 pm

This thread is a nice idea in itself. We have a lot of members that hardly ever post. I suppose the “Where are you heading” thread might feel a bit too intimate for some, but this could do the trick I suppose. I suppose a lot of people just register so they can easily see new posts and what not, but I wish a few more of the sleeping Taalos would wake up and join the party.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm guessing that some people just join so that they may conveniently post things when the need arises but yeah, feel free to post something so as to get you acknowledged new members, thats the meaning of this thread. Even a quick hello would be nice.
Lukipela wrote:I suppose a lot of people just register so they can easily see new posts and what not, but I wish a few more of the sleeping Taalos would wake up and join the party.

You know, come to think of it, if everyone who joined became avid posters, this forum would probably break down into ASCII anarchy {Just a guess}, thats not to say we're not welcoming new members. Why would this thread exsist then?

As for new members, welcome RTyp06, I sense a bit of de ja vu, do I remember you from the old forum?
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Tue May 04, 2010 3:39 am

RTyp06 was from before your time, Nuclear.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 pm

He posts semi-regularly on the UQM forum, perhaps you remember him from there.