The New members thread

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Re: The New members thread

Post by Eth »

Welcome!
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Welcome to the forum Guizot! Hope you'll enjoy yourselves on the happiest little corner of the Internet (that we know of ).

On the topic of SC3, I'll reiterate for the umpteenth time that I didn't think the story was that atrocious (even though it wasn't exactly good), but the fact that the engine was both broken, ugly and unwieldy sealed it for me. Do things out of order? Guess you can never finish the game, but you won't find out!
Guizot
Silly Supox

Post by Guizot »

Thank you for the warm welcome! Also, I promise I will refrain from any further Star Control 3 bashing.
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

Guizot wrote: Also, I promise I will refrain from any further Star Control 3 bashing.
If there's any place for StarControl 3 bashing, it would be this forum ;)-smf {Unless its a creative expression of deep, inner hatred. Of which, I'm assuming the game isn't that bad...}
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Guizot
Silly Supox

Post by Guizot »

Nuclear wrote:
Guizot wrote: Also, I promise I will refrain from any further Star Control 3 bashing.
If there's any place for StarControl 3 bashing, it would be this forum ;)-smf {Unless its a creative expression of deep, inner hatred. Of which, I'm assuming the game isn't that bad...}
Heh heh heh. Well in that case...
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

Welcome to the boards.
son-of-Ahab wrote:But yes, there are plenty of oversexed women in future fantasy, whom the creators changed only in color. More realistic females usually have to come through female authors like Ursula K. Le Guin.
I didn't mind so much that the Syreen were a (blue, oversexed) caricature, since about two-thirds of the races of SC2 are caricatures as well. I always was a little disappointed that you couldn't play as a female captain, though. I'm pretty sure that if the game had come out a few years later then you would have been able to.
Guizot wrote:Heh heh heh. Well in that case...
Indeed, bash away. I've never played SC3, so the more people there are bashing it, the smugger I feel about having sucessfully avoided it... Welcome also.
son-of-Ahab
ZEXy Beast
Location: A 24th-century whaling ship, with madness in heart and harpoon in hand, baptized in nomine humanitas

Post by son-of-Ahab »

Bleeding Star wrote:
I didn't mind so much that the Syreen were a (blue, oversexed) caricature, since about two-thirds of the races of SC2 are caricatures as well. I always was a little disappointed that you couldn't play as a female captain, though. I'm pretty sure that if the game had come out a few years later then you would have been able to.
Yeah, I enjoy that the game is so profound compared to most - and yet does not take itself seriously.

@Guizot - If not for that mirrored sinister hand of yours, I'd offer mine.
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

Well, our newest member at the moment is a Mr.Babamcute {Babe, I'm cute?} . His link of choice seems to be broken, so I suspect a spam bot. {Or an avid fan of non existent website fantasies}
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Nuclear wrote:Well, our newest member at the moment is a Mr.Babamcute...
Really good sir? I disagree.
Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles »

One of our newer members is Fred . . . although it's nice to know he's alive, will he get a special rank like he has on UQMF?
Lukipela wrote:Besides, that was only a brief introduction to "Bleeding Star and Fwiffo - A match made in heaven". Maybe I should skip the Mycon adventure I've got lined up and run this next in *HS*? :)
The next snippet will surely involve that
Lukipela wrote:small round pool of stones that was placed in the centre of the chamber
:-*-smf
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)