The New members thread

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: The New members thread

Post by Lukipela » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Zeracles wrote:One of our newer members is Fred . . . although it's nice to know he's alive, will he get a special rank like he has on UQMF?
Possibly. He hasn't asked for one and there's a protocol question I need to approach carefully there though. We'll see.

Also welcome to Vee-R, maker of ship images.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Welcome to our message board axemaster, may your crusade for a better tomorrow for StarControl be a good one :)-smf
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy

Post by zenzmurfy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:35 am

Guizot wrote:I attempted to play Star Control 3, but I found it so vile that I was forced to stop almost immediately. I still think there needs to be an actual sequel to the masterful Star Control 2. Then again, I might have hyper-critical feelings of poor old number three. In any case, I am exited to spread my drivel through these fine forums. Mayhaps even compose a ditty to shatter your hapless eardrums…
Ever played Protostar? very SC2 like except its first hand perspective.

Guizot
Silly Supox

Post by Guizot » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:04 am

zenzmurfy wrote:Ever played Protostar? very SC2 like except its first hand perspective.
As a self-proclaimed lover of slightly obscure aged video games, I am truly ashamed to say I have not. Nothing the internet can not fix I suppose. I thank you for this magnanimous suggestion.

zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy

Post by zenzmurfy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Guizot wrote:
zenzmurfy wrote:Ever played Protostar? very SC2 like except its first hand perspective.
As a self-proclaimed lover of slightly obscure aged video games, I am truly ashamed to say I have not. Nothing the internet can not fix I suppose. I thank you for this magnanimous suggestion.
Awesome! Please let me know your reaction to the game when you find it. The ship to ship battle is crappy 3d (compared to now), but the rest of the game is mining/collecting bio data,trading,making/negoiating alliances with the 5 alien races and collecting crew from them(hiring/replacing/talking-with crew with different skillsets in addition to your crew gaining xp too), outfitting and improving your ship. Btw the artwork for the characters was great. I still remember how pretty that woman crewmember's portrait was.

spathilowcouncil
Silly Supox

Post by spathilowcouncil » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:25 pm

we all know i turned into a incomparable mess, i'll just stick in the corner, waiting.