What's your usual poison?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: What's your usual poison?

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu May 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Dragon wrote:
Eth wrote:That sounds totally gross.
But could you drink it? Let us not kick out the warm flat cinnamon beer mix until you've tried it.
Right on! Don't knock it 'till ya try it!
glory_device wrote:actually...cinamon rhum and wine heated together with some clove....is really good (not sure if it's the exact recipe but you can look on the Web yourself haha)
Yeah, what we came up was basically an improvised version of a recipe we found in a Seagram's cocktail book. As I recall, this particular recipe called for 2 different types of wine and rum, along with cinnamon, cloves, and other herbs and stuff to add flavor. I think it was even supposed to have capers in it. According to the recipe, you were supposed to bake the dry ingredients and strain them out of the warm brew, which was supposed to be served in heated mugs. We substituted flat beer for wine and worked with whatever we had on hand. The final results were...unfortunate. But ahhh, the memories.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Super girly fruity drinks. Or vodka.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Saria wrote:Super girly fruity drinks. Or vodka.
Wow, from one extreme to the other, huh? I can handle the occassional super girl fruity drink...as long as it's with lots of vodka!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:Wow, from one extreme to the other, huh? I can handle the occassional super girl fruity drink...as long as it's with lots of vodka!
Haha. That's me! :lol: But nah, I just usually stick on clear liquor. I like tequila and white rum too.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Saria wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:Wow, from one extreme to the other, huh? I can handle the occassional super girl fruity drink...as long as it's with lots of vodka!
Haha. That's me! :lol: But nah, I just usually stick on clear liquor. I like tequila and white rum too.
Speaking of which, I recently discovered a drink called a Prickly Pear Margarita. Very tasty!

I love a nice, strong margarita, but with the addition of prickly pear juice, it adds some interesting flavor along with a sweetness that cuts right into the strong aroma and taste of tequila, allowing for more booze to be added to compensate!

Of course, the prickly pear juice also gives the drink a soft, rosy pink hue, giving it a deceptively girly appearance.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Tequila is good...but I'm really picky about it...bad tequila is just an unpleasant experience!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:02 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Saria wrote:Super girly fruity drinks. Or vodka.
Wow, from one extreme to the other, huh? I can handle the occassional super girl fruity drink...as long as it's with lots of vodka!
those super girly fruity drinks are usually just vodka with lots of fruity syrup added ;).

As for me when I go out I usually just drink beer with a few shots here and there (fireman is my favorite kind of shot).
I wouldn't drink white rum for pleasure, I'm much more comfortalbe with just drinking vodka.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:56 pm

glory_device wrote:Tequila is good...but I'm really picky about it...bad tequila is just an unpleasant experience!
I'm very particular myself as well. I need a smooth, clean taste, and I prefer a finish that doesn't linger too long. I've had my fair share of dirty cactus juice.

For margaritas, I usually go with a 100% agave silver (o plata) tequila, which I keep in the freezer so it pours with a nice, syrupy texture that doesn't splash as much, and also works well for the occasional shooter.
Angelfish wrote:those super girly fruity drinks are usually just vodka with lots of fruity syrup added ;).

As for me when I go out I usually just drink beer with a few shots here and there (fireman is my favorite kind of shot).
I wouldn't drink white rum for pleasure, I'm much more comfortalbe with just drinking vodka.
I've never had a fireman (that may have came out wrong). When I looked up the drink recipe, I found one with overproof rum, Goldshlager, and triple sec. Is this the right one? There were several variations, so I wasn't sure.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:38 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
glory_device wrote:Tequila is good...but I'm really picky about it...bad tequila is just an unpleasant experience!
I'm very particular myself as well. I need a smooth, clean taste, and I prefer a finish that doesn't linger too long. I've had my fair share of dirty cactus juice.

For margaritas, I usually go with a 100% agave silver (o plata) tequila, which I keep in the freezer so it pours with a nice, syrupy texture that doesn't splash as much, and also works well for the occasional shooter.
Angelfish wrote:those super girly fruity drinks are usually just vodka with lots of fruity syrup added ;).

I've never had a fireman (that may have came out wrong). When I looked up the drink recipe, I found one with overproof rum, Goldshlager, and triple sec. Is this the right one? There were several variations, so I wasn't sure.
it comes in these bottles, and contains licqorice, mint and cinnamon, and probably some other herbs.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Angelfish wrote:As for me when I go out I usually just drink beer with a few shots here and there (fireman is my favorite kind of shot).
Angelfish wrote:it comes in these bottles, and contains licqorice, mint and cinnamon, and probably some other herbs.
Darn, it looks like it's difficult to obtain in the States, unless I had it imported from Europe or something. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. It even mentioned having eucalyptus, to subdue the cravings of your inner-koala!