The Pissed Off Megathread 2.0

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Re: The Pissed Off Megathread 2.0

Post by Eth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 am

Maybe you should move to Minnesota, where it's cold and dark, but at least the people are nice.

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:51 am

Shiver wrote:Well you hate Swedes and are sour on Finland, so maybe Norway?
Or Denmark? That must be a tropical paradise to you!
Eth wrote:Maybe you should move to Minnesota, where it's cold and dark, but at least the people are nice.
They even have Vikings: you'd feel right at home.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Eth wrote:I've heard the south of France is quite nice. Never been there myself though...
I was in Nice with the company in September, and it was pretty nice there. Not a bad idea really.
Shiver wrote:Well you hate Swedes and are sour on Finland, so maybe Norway?
Actually, I wouldn't mind living in Finland again. At times, I feel terribly homesick. Norwegians are nice but everything is crazy expensive there.
Bleeding Star wrote:Or Denmark? That must be a tropical paradise to you!
We had Danes in a meeting yesterday. Despite their language being very close to ours, I can't understand a word coming out of their oatmeal gargling mouths.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:54 am

The Carribean sounds pretty good. Coconut palms, sparkling lagoons, exotic aquatic fauna and that delicious West Indian accent. `Tortawl purradise, mahn.'
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm po'd with the idiocy of the class registration process at my school, and the absurdity of their website in which I think I'm registered for my classes when in fact I'm actually not. So now all of my classes are waitlisted, and I have to cross my fingers that I can get into any of them, even though at first glance it seems as though I'm already in when I'm really not.

Ugh.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

So I was playing around with workgroups on my laptops so that I'd be able to access the hard drives via WLAN. End result, i locked myself out of my laptop. the password prompt still comes up, but my password no longer works. I turned my laptop, which contains all ABKS, Otherwhen and Dead world material into a locked vault without a key. currently downloading an Ubuntu Boot CD to see if I can at least access the hard drive and salvage, but am also royally pissed. Best case scenario, I have to wipe it and manage to figure out how to get Windows back on it with my key having disappeared in the move. Worst case, I need to buy a new laptop.

Why did I have to go play with that crap. I am so pissed off at myself right now.

fizjak
Hunam adventurer

Post by fizjak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm pissed off too, well first of all hello to you all... I'm a big SC fan as I'm sure all of you are, I was playing the Project 6014 mod... and its great but yeah, I was playing it and was harvesting all these bio's and it locked up and I hadn't saved in a really long time. So that pissed me off, but I guess its to be expected with a demo, still I'm sad now-er pissed yes pissed.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am

Welcome!

Slightly less pissed off now that I've managed to copy the hard drive with all the data and someone pointed out that the key is actually on the bottom of my laptop. Still, what a waste of time.

fizjak
Hunam adventurer

Post by fizjak » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah I hate starting over, I always lose so much... most of the time it happens cuz I get some doom virus from some site when I'm trying to get a key for some program I don't want to pay for or a driver for something that shouldn't work with the PC (Like PS3 controller or the PS3 camera). So this time I've tried to stay away from things like that cuz I really don't want to start from scratch again... :oops:

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:15 am

I'm po'd that I just spent four to five hours starting a "Let's Play SC2" and then the next day I open the folder that I saved everything in and it's empty now.

(cue signature)
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!