North Korea

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

North Korea

Post by RTyp06 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:40 pm

North korea is back in the news following an attack on South Korea. Anyone else think it's an attention grabber? There couldn't be a worse time for esculated war in Korea. U.S. is spread thin and China has us by the short hairs in economic debt.

Here's a must see documentary about N.K. The under cover footage is astounding. I couldn't imagine living the way these people do. They completely worship their leader.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: North Korea

Post by Angelfish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Your news sources are wrong, there have been attacks from both sides, you're making it appear as if North Korea has been the only one attacking.

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Is this your way of saying that N. Korea is justified in their attack that killed two people?

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm

RTyp06 wrote:Is this your way of saying that N. Korea is justified in their attack that killed two people?
Wrong again, 4 people were killed, but it were the south koreans that started shooting ;).
Atleast, that's what the North Koreans are making us believe.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the combined retaliatory attacks by the US and South Korea will appear 'justified' even if they kill innocent people.

Cedric6014
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Cedric6014 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:04 pm

We're pretty much at the mercy of the western news media for out information.

But i guess that's somewhat better than being at the mercy of the North Korean news media who will be hailing a glorious victory over the southern capalist swine

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Well I got my news from MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40349704/ns ... iapacific/

..and it says two civilian deaths.

So my news is "wrong" because "Dear Leader" said so?

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Why can't everyone just get along like happy pretty pixies and sit around the circle to have story time?

Ziper1221
Silly Supox

Post by Ziper1221 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

I was listening to NPR, and they said North Korea was launching artillery practice at a disputed area and it killed some South Koreans. That is just unforgivable! Oh sorry, we had no idea you might have people at this place that isn't even entirely ours, honest mistake... And about the US being in a bad financial position to fight a war, war would actually boost the economy with all the spending (and the corresponding debt, but good point about where that comes from).

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Ziper1221 wrote:I was listening to NPR, and they said North Korea was launching artillery practice at a disputed area and it killed some South Koreans. That is just unforgivable! Oh sorry, we had no idea you might have people at this place that isn't even entirely ours, honest mistake... And about the US being in a bad financial position to fight a war, war would actually boost the economy with all the spending (and the corresponding debt, but good point about where that comes from).
It depends on what sort of war spending is going on. The reason why war can boost economic growth is because during war times people is because employment opportunities arrive, but honestly that depends on whether or not the country is producing enough supplies to go to war in the first place and if a military draft is in place which would cause that increase in jobs.

As a rule, prolonged war usually kills economies but quicker wars usually stimulate it…

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Why can't everyone just get along like happy pretty pixies and sit around the circle to have story time?
Now, what fun would that be? ;)

And the last thing Americans want right now is another conflict I'd bet, economy boost or not. Many of us are still a bit bitter about the major conflicts we are currently in. We should have never went to Iraq - there were altenatives on how to handle Saddam - and we should have been out of Afghanistan by now imo.