What are you dreaming about?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

What are you dreaming about?

Post by Gekko »

In my last night's dream I killed a bunch of my old friends in Amsterdam with a knife. I was playing in the role of a psychopath murderer in that "movie", and was doing my best acting innocent when the bodies were discovered. In the end I woke up before I finished the job. It was a decent dream filled with action and interesting plot twists, and waking up was a series of WTFs and OMGs.

If you feel like sharing your dreams with us, then post them here. I'm not a dream expert, but I remember reading that we see dreams always when we are asleep, but don't always remember them. I personally remember most of my dreams, maybe because I have an open mind. Some years ago I was even keeping a dream diary and had my try at LUCIDs (two failure-successes and frustration).
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: What are you dreaming about?

Post by Lukipela »

I must have a closed mind, I remember very little. I did remember more a few years ago when I tried the whole Lucid thing, but it was too much work for me. Also waking up when you realize you're dreaming sucks if it's five n the morning and you actually need to get up 5.45.

When i dream, it's generally pretty mundane, except if I'm doing a story or game on here, those tend to seep through at times. ABKS did that a lot.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

I've always been able to lucid dream.

Well, not every dream, but at least once a week.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

In my entire life I was never able to remember a single dream...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Last night I dreamt I was hanging out with Sting, which was odd, since Sting is barely on my radar.
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

I am EXTREMELY interested in lucid dreaming!!! How did you guys do it!?

Edit:
(Wow, ↑↑↑↑↑↑ that ↑↑↑↑↑↑ kinda sounds like Zelnick asking the Slylandro about the Precursers!)
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

I can just do it.
I dunno how.
Rider
Not Ride Her

Post by Rider »

I dream a lot about zombies. Don't know why, don't know if it means anything, but it's a recurring theme.

Last night I was Spiderman, which was pretty cool. There were still zombies though.
Hehe, that's what I said!
Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko »

Maloo Oture wrote:I am EXTREMELY interested in lucid dreaming!!! How did you guys do it!?

Edit:
(Wow, ↑↑↑↑↑↑ that ↑↑↑↑↑↑ kinda sounds like Zelnick asking the Slylandro about the Precursers!)
Training. There are some systems for improving the chances of lucid dreaming for a night, and the best one is planning: By telling your brain well in advance "This night I will have a lucid dream where I start from the Supermarket and will try riding a hoverboard" your brain will probably think that on the moment you fall asleep. After you have fallen asleep you have to figure out that it is a dream. This is the problem I had most difficulties with as I always woke up after realizing that it wasn't real. Generally most people try various reality tests where they attempt to do something which doesn't work in the dream world that well: Flicking a light switch, taking a few looks at a clock or writing text to a paper and then reading it are good ways.

The main training comes from memorizing. What if you had a lucid dream but don't remember it? Such a waste! Try writing down all your dreams immediately after waking up as you still remember most of the dream. As you wake up more your brain becomes more rational and begins to forget the non-important things that happened in the dream, so by keeping a journal or something next to your bed and jotting down the feelings you felt in the dream, the colours of objects (if you dream in colour) and the characters who you interacted with your brain slowly begins to think that it might be useful to remember these things.

I've had two minor successes. In one I was standing at our yard at my family house and realized that it was a dream. I immediately grasped my memory for the instructions I had left there earlier, and found out that I had decided that I should try flying first. What followed was something between a normal dream and lucid, as I could only decide if I wanted to float aimlessly or stay on the ground. In the end I hit a tree and woke up. The second one was a few seconds of moving until I awoke, so it was a waste.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Keeping a dream journal is definitely the best way to remember dreams I've ever encountered. I used to do it a few years ago, and it worked surprisingly well.