What are you dreaming about?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Re: What are you dreaming about?

Post by Gekko »

Last night I had a pile of dreams. In the last one before I woke up I was one of the two characters in a game. They were some kind of "bachelors by attitude", some students in the States. There was an area marked with traffic cones over which students weren't allowed to wander after it got dark, and some military personnel had permission to fire at will if people did break this rule. The fun thing was that I, as the older student, and my friend as the younger, had the power to transform into mice. So naturally, being the party animal we were in the dream, we transformed into mice and crashed the city.

There we had our first objective which was to find a bar with a specific name. I remember that we went past three bars, all of which had some really interesting names that I don't remember, until we hit the correct one. The ones we passed were filled with some techno / dance music, but as we entered the correct door, the sounds of a pleasant heavy cavern hit our ears. The place was filled with tough looking bikers and possible old prisoners. We wandered to the back room where all kinds of instruments were displayed as if they were being sold. In general, it had the looks of some drug lord's weapon stash, except with guitars.

Eventually we discovered the dark secret - all of the items on sale were pirate copies.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir »

Dude, spoilers! You've totally ruined that game for me now.
Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko »

Last night was exceptional. It was the best I've had this year.

First dream:

I was in a house of an old design, wooden walls, multiple floors - the standard looks of a haunted mansion. As I climbed a staircase up, I heard a horrible laughter, a female voice. I panicly escaped back down for three entire floors, and by each floor the laughter faded. Someone was there with me, and he told that the laughter is stronger in the upper floors. I _somehow_ googled with an air laptop and found out that this was in fact the best known haunted house in the world. Something happened, and I woke up. The laugh was so scary that I remained in my bed thinking about it for a while before falling asleep again, into the second dream which was the best of this year:

It turned out that I was under some kind of strange effect. I was randomly hurled into other realities with someone I knew (don't remember who it was), and each time we were forced to figure out a way back home. These realities were all on Earth, and they could as well been different cities with a slightly different architecture, maybe some years to future. My ultimate quest was to find a way back home where I was sitting in some kind of court hearing and was about to be sentenced to death for some crime. Naturally I was innocent, and the reason I was accused was somehow related to the whole reality swapping business that was going on with me. In each of these realities I always had to figure out some kind of system on how things work, and use that to warp forwards into another reality.

In one of these worlds I was constantly walking on top of floating logs of wood, and I knew that if I hit there water I would perish from all planes of existence. Luckily we made it through. In one we were in a highly metropolitan megacity where we were forced to hide as we were, there as well, accused for some crime. Most of these realities were some kind of cities where we had to hide from the law. Occasionally we warped back into the original court room, and by each time this happened, our time was exhausted more. Each second we spent in other dimensions was frozen in our original world.

Eventually we figured out the trick: We had to know all of the worlds well enough so that we can fix a dimensional break in our original world. You see, there are two types of existences: Our own, and everything else perpendicular to it, all of other realities on top of each other. As they are on top of each other in layers, it is possible to travel between them.
|
|
| <- Everything else
|
|________
^ Our own

The picture is going inside the page, like the electromagnetic waves.

This chain of existence was made of small parts, and for some reason our own was missing some. We had to go to the other worlds and steal of their parts to fill the gaps. Eventually we did this somehow, and we warped back to our original dimension, only to be thrown 20 years into past. I was now with my family, walking up the road in my home town towards our home. Looking at our luggage, it seemed like our family was returning from a holiday. The road went upwards (it was this). It was very tiresome, and I was all out of strength. Suddenly I remembered what I had done in future, and knew that I had to quickly make it back home to save the entire reality itself. As I finally, after a run that felt like hours, arrived to the top of the road in front of the red house, I leaped over the red fence and begun to play air guitar as I was approaching the front door. Just as I hit the hall, my guitar solo ended and the background riff faded into nothingness.

Sometime I wish that my dreams managed to keep the plot in shape to the end.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod
Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman »

That sounds pretty cool Gekko! I love those larger-than-life adventure dreams. Wish I had more of those, not to mention remembered them more often!

I also had an exceptionally cool dream last night, although it was of the more primitive variety :lol:
Rider
Not Ride Her

Post by Rider »

I keep having dreams about my girlfriend. Pretty cool if you think about it.
Hehe, that's what I said!
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Rider wrote:I keep having dreams about my girlfriend. Pretty cool if you think about it.
It sounds like someone should get their ass over to the where are you heading thread when I think about it.

Anyway, my dreams have been amazingly vivid the last few nights, considering that I generally don't dream much. confused, but vivid. No clue why really.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I was standing in a river with a baby in my arms. Suddenly, there were wolves on each side of the river and I had to protect my baby. I fought the wolves with my bear hands and won.
It was kind of a strange dream, given that I didn't know the baby, but not the strangest.
Ziper1221
Silly Supox

Post by Ziper1221 »

You have bear hands?
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Hey, it's his dream. ;)-smf
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot