What are you dreaming about?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: What are you dreaming about?

Post by Draxas » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Sadly, no. I wish I did; my dream-addled brain comes up with some crazy stuff sometimes, but it all makes sense at the time... sort of.

xxCaptainIcyxx
Hunam adventurer

Post by xxCaptainIcyxx » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Hello there, I'm new and anyways, I'm a person who has rather odd dreams.
Recently I had a dream that there was a whole different world in my oven, I woke up quite confused.
I don't need a signature.

Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:11 pm

xxCaptainIcyxx wrote:Hello there, I'm new and anyways, I'm a person who has rather odd dreams.
Recently I had a dream that there was a whole different world in my oven, I woke up quite confused.
I would run the oven's self-cleaning cycle, just to be safe.

xxCaptainIcyxx
Hunam adventurer

Post by xxCaptainIcyxx » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 am

Yes I probably should.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Recently, stress and more stress. I haven't kept a single holiday ever since I started my university year last autumn. Now that my summer employment is over and university continues I'm transforming from one type of activity to another. It's an alright change as university doesn't have standard hours and doesn't require travelling all over Europe every Thursday. I also moved back to Turku. Needless to say, my dreams are utter chaos. My brain is operating at light speed and the dreams change constantly. I don't remember my last night's dream right now, but generally I've been waking up in the morning super confused, mostly in relation to my whereabouts. I keep trying to reach the water bottle at the right side of the bed, when it is in fact nowdays at the rear side.

The dreams keep on changing. Mostly they are about getting somewhere in time, or multiple people asking me to do something. I could use a holiday. I haven't had a single epic sword & sorcery dream for weeks!
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Last night I had an odd dream. I, with some dream family, was as a "guest" at some lord's castle. We were practically prisoners, even though we had all the freedom inside the castle. We simply were not allowed to leave. We had almost lost our hope of escaping when we figured out a devious plan: We'd have to organize a great feast in honour the returning soldiers who recently were victorious in some battle nearby. As the soldiers returned, drinks, food and dance girls arrived. The feast was held outside by the castle wall, and we did our best making sure everyone got drunk and ate themselves full. Eventually even the guards on-duty got their share, and the entire castle went to sleep at late night hours.

We then sneaked outside the castle gates and into the stable just by the road that was passing in front of the gate, quietly sneaked past the soldiers that were sleeping in the trench (Suddenly it had kind of a world war 1 trench there by the castle wall) and grabbed horses. We then rode out loudly to the sunrise with the waking soldiers shouting at us. I woke up a bit before we got to see what there was waiting at the other side of the forest.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:48 pm

I see your dreams got closer to your preferred visions!
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

xxCaptainIcyxx
Hunam adventurer

Post by xxCaptainIcyxx » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 pm

Gekko wrote:Last night I had an odd dream. I, with some dream family, was as a "guest" at some lord's castle. We were practically prisoners, even though we had all the freedom inside the castle. We simply were not allowed to leave. We had almost lost our hope of escaping when we figured out a devious plan: We'd have to organize a great feast in honour the returning soldiers who recently were victorious in some battle nearby. As the soldiers returned, drinks, food and dance girls arrived. The feast was held outside by the castle wall, and we did our best making sure everyone got drunk and ate themselves full. Eventually even the guards on-duty got their share, and the entire castle went to sleep at late night hours.

We then sneaked outside the castle gates and into the stable just by the road that was passing in front of the gate, quietly sneaked past the soldiers that were sleeping in the trench (Suddenly it had kind of a world war 1 trench there by the castle wall) and grabbed horses. We then rode out loudly to the sunrise with the waking soldiers shouting at us. I woke up a bit before we got to see what there was waiting at the other side of the forest.
That is what I'd love to dream about!

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am

xxCaptainIcyxx wrote: That is what I'd love to dream about!
That was a rather boring dream. It simply sounds cool. The mood and all within were somewhat pressurizing.

Last night I had a really odd one. I was present at some elementary school where there was to be a school reunion. However, the thing was that I had to observe as my classmates grew up first. I was bored looking at how the 6-7 year old kids were playing on the yard, took classes with them and sat on their too small stools. Eventually the time for the reunion arrived and my old class mates began arriving one by one in their adult form, while the kids suddenly were some other kids, completely unrelated to my class mates. There was plenty of "Jeff! I didn't recognize you! You sure have changed!" This was followed by us then entering a history room, which was to be some kind of lecture on history we took with the kids. I woke up before we got there.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:02 am

Recently I had a striking dream about getting shot. I was at home (my old one again), and some guy broke in, apparently I'd published information about his crimes and he demanded the identity of my source. I refused and he started kicking me around. I wasn't up for fighting back as he had a gun. Eventually he used it, shooting me twice through the chest and leaving me to bleed out on the floor. He stayed in the house so no one would call an ambulance. My brother walked past and didn't seem too concerned. Eventually my assailant left, convinced by my play at death, and I crawled out of the house, calling an ambulance. When the ambo arrived he wasn't impressed by the magnitude of my injuries and just wanted me to sign a form to say I was fine and needed no further attention. Maybe he had more pressing calls, getting shot is hardly the worst thing that can happen in dreamland.

At this point I kind of half woke up, I was drifting in and out of sleep. I remember being in another dream, suddenly remembering I'd been shot and, since I had an idea I was still dreaming, thinking that must have been a dream within the current dream. But it had felt real enough that when I actually woke up it took a minute to convince myself I hadn't really been shot :|
Fossaman wrote:
xxCaptainIcyxx wrote: Recently I had a dream that there was a whole different world in my oven, I woke up quite confused.
I would run the oven's self-cleaning cycle, just to be safe.
When I dream, there's another world in my head, but normally it doesn't make we want to clean up in there ;)-smf
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)