What are you dreaming about?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: What are you dreaming about?

Post by Lukipela » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 pm

For a guy who has trouble falling asleep you sure dream a lot :) I guess your brain never quite shuts off.

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 pm

I seem to have the opposite problem; my brain never seems to switch on fully. I hardly ever have dreams I can remember, the closest I generally get is that moment of confusion just after waking up. For example, I once woke up under the distinct impression that someone was trying to give me Haste so I could get out of bed despite my summoning sickness. Absolutely convinced until I realised it was utter rubbish a few minutes later.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:32 pm

A pity I forgot to jot this down when I woke up. Last night was... quite something. After a few wake ups and then noticing it's Saturday and continuing my sleep, I finally arrived into one damn interesting dream:

I was a pirate. We were captured by the damn Englishmen and brought to shore on a mighty three-decker. The captain was killed in combat, some drowned and the loot was lost. I was in line for execution waiting at a yard with NO FENCE around it, but I knew that I couldn't get off the yard for some reason. It may have been the chains or the armed Englishmen nearby. I was hung on a pole from my arms and smacked with a leather strap. Eventually an officer asked me who I was and from where I originate, to which I figured I can lie and beg myself out of this mess. I decided to tell that I'm homeless and without a job and future, and piracy was my only way out. By chance, an elderly woman happened to walk by and heard this. I was then sold as a slave to her, against the protests of the English soldiers. I woke up the moment we walked off the yard.

The reason I saw this was probably because I spent the evening reading a web page describing sailor / pirate words.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:17 am

One super weird dream. My father is a train engine driver. In the dream I was visiting my home town when my father came to me and said he had some stuff to do and couldn't go to work, and there were no other engine drivers available. Thus, a passenger train was going to be stuck in Iisalmi as they had no drivers to take it to the destination, Oulu. He told me that I was to take the train there. I told I have no education nor do I know HOW to drive a train. He simply said he'll be showing how to do it. Bewildered, I walked with him to the train yard and tried moving a train a bit as he showed me the controls. After a few minutes of practise he told me to simply hop on the passenger train and take it to Oulu where he would finally take over. So I drove the train there and started searching a way home.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 am

Lucid dream. First one where I could control stuff to some degree. I recently rewatched Band of Brothers, so in the dream I was a soldier. Every time I went to sleep in the dream I figured I was dreaming. Once again, the instant I realized that my brain dug up and old instruction which I had left there back when I was actively practising lucids: try flying - and it worked. I was able to fly around, or more, leap around. I also could jump through building walls like some super powerful mutant thingy. I had control for some 1-2 minutes before waking up inside the dream. Interesting how I always returned to my original dream instead of waking up completely. Maybe that's how I am able to have lucids? Gotta sleep in a dream.

Generally, the dream was quite cool. It was mostly about training and coldness. It was always raining, mud was everywhere and the barracks were too crowded. The barrack was this huge building where there were letters from A to something signifying the location, and numbers from 0 to 9 signifying the height of the bed. I always had my bed in the upper areas of the hall. The beds were piled in a tower so every soldier had like 40cm of headroom.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:13 am

I don't have anything as cool as pirates, trains or flying but a weird fragment:

I was holding a needle, and telling a girl that I was supposed to administer the injection directly to her corpus callosum. She was not amused, and pointed out that it should have been done BEFORE we put her head back together.

:?
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:20 am

ere was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Very pretty. Anything in particular on your mind?

I'm heading to Paris on my honeymoon in 1½ weeks. Got married in April, feel pretty good about it still.

I feel a bit... lost at the moment. I work a lot, but I find myself struggling with my spare time. I'd like to write, but when I don't have players to answer to I'm crap at actually producing stuff. I'd like to play my harpsicord, but I suck and I'm too impatient. I'd like to find something new and exciting to do, but I'm old and I bore too easily. I need to find some new direction, but I'm just not sure how and what.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Nearly every thread could be made better with the application of a bit of Les Mis. ;)-smf

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I had a dream in which I'm sitting in a shelter of some kind. I receive a text, telling me it's going to be all right, I'm safe.
I sit down, then there's a nuclear blast behind me, but it doesn't get to me. I'm safe.
Then, another text, this time it says "Run". So I do, but I can't go anywhere, I stay in the same spot. So I duck down and grab onto a table.
There's another blast, this time the shockwave knocks over the shelter and as it knocks into me I wake up and come out of the dream.

I have dreams like this probably once every few months. It's not nice.