Minecraft server for the SC community?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Minecraft server for the SC community?

Post by RTyp06 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks Angelfish. If sombody wished to take over payment, the best bet would be for me to give them admin access so that they can download the world back-up themself and start a new account. Servercraft has a 1/2 off price special for any new server account which would make it worthwhile. All that is needed is a recurring payment through PayPal. The backup world file is so big that it would be impractical to try and upload it for others to DL.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Hmm... What tier would you recommend that one uses for this.

I wouldn't be averse to paying for the SC community to have somewhere to have fun, but there is a pretty big difference between 7.99 monthly and 65 monthly.

Of course, I could do some simple thing where I pay for the first three months up front and then if there is a strong community interest we could have a donation drive or something.

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:46 pm

This uses Tier 4 (1 gigabyte) which is 29.99 USD per month. The server is currently using 407/1024 mb. That's with the current map and nether world.

http://www.servercraft.co/pricing/

It's nice having a bit of extra ram to add extra worlds.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:50 am

I've christened my ship the "Minerva." The majority of the functional work is done; all that's left is decorating at this point.

I don't have time to administer the server, but if whomever takes over from Rtyp06 needs financial support, I can donate a bit if necessary.

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:40 am

Ok the latest is that the server will most likely be going down at the end of November. That was the best I could do as when I requested to have it shut down at the end of the year, they just asked me to wait and cancle the service then. The problem is that my internet account will be going down Nov. 2 when I move and since I don't know when I'll have it back, I don't want to risk the new year online transaction fees with my shitty bank. After the next server billing, Oct. 20th, I'll then request a cancelation of service and for them to not bill my paypal account anymore.

I should know more after the 20th.

btw It's amazing how much work it is to move from a house you have lived in for 9 years!

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm

If there is interest and whatnot I can get an account at the end of November and transfer over to me. I'll pay up for two or three months and then lets see what happens.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm certainly interested, although the recent patches were without an optifine release, so minecraft's performance was rather low. That's the reason you haven't really seen me on the server for the last few weeks ;).

Anyway, count me in. But I have to say that Skyrim is coming out and is probably going to consume quite a bit of my time ;).

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:05 pm

I've lost interest in Minecraft until 1.9 is released. I don't want to have to deal with the prerelease's bugs and I don't want to put in a ton of effort that will ultimately be wasted when I could be doing other things.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 pm

You're a champ, Luki!

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Well, considering you seem to be the only one interested so far, we'll see how it goes. The server seems pretty empty nowadays. But I'll pony up if even a few people want to play.