Games other than Star Control

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Games other than Star Control

Post by Death 999 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:31 am

Ahem. I know.
First off, it doesn't show the payoff for the AI for the last move. What does it get out of that? I know, but the game doesn't show it.
It seems sort of like a random thing to do. It doesn't show how you can then get 10^10^large paperclips afterwards, thus hammering the reward function.

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm

I'm super excited about the forthcoming Phoenix Point. Cthulhu-ish XCOM thing from the designer of the original. They were some of my faves and Gollop seems pretty ambitious with a complex strategy layer as well as the tactical turn-based combat.

https://phoenixpoint.info/

First that, and now Fred and Paul with some new Starcon. All my Christmasses, etc!

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 pm

I backed that game! I also wanted in on the investment program...but unfortunately it was only available in the USA...THe poor Canuck in me was disapointed.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 am

Interesting. I'm fine to back a game but don't think I'd ever invest. Seems chancy.

In the long interim before Phoenix Point's arrival, I am playing the Final Modpack for the original UFO: Enemy Unknown. It really adds a lot of cool shit to the base game. A bit of item clutter but overall I think it's a significant improvement.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:47 pm

I've been playing the heck out of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate! I've almost collected every spirit aswell. If anyone else plays it, PM me if you wanna play some time. (King K. Rool main btw)
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:09 pm

I've been playing the crap out of Smash Ultimate since release as well, but I don't play online. Your recent avatar change kind of gave that one away, though.

I've been taking a break over the past couple of days to play Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap. Fantastic remake of what was probably the best game for the Master System (which admittedly, probably isn't saying much). I always wondered why they left this game out of the Monster World collection from a few years back, but definitely not sorry to have it now.

Stickman_king_28
Silly Supox

Post by Stickman_king_28 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Huge fan of splatoon and the game TerraTech. Also want a copy of origins sometime soon
Soo... What were primitive ur-quan like? I just love to speculate about my favorite slave-master caterpillars. That wheezy voice acting tho
I have legal bulls**t phobia

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 am

I recently purchased and beat Hollow Knight... I think it might be one of my new favorite games!

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 am

palmpet wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 am
I recently purchased and beat Hollow Knight... I think it might be one of my new favorite games!
This game is one of my favorites music-wise.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Alvarin wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 am
palmpet wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 am
This game is one of my favorites music-wise.
Oh yeah it's great. Ironically didn't pay attention to it as much while playing though. I'm just glad it had a creature log... I found it like 20 minutes after lamenting there being no creature log. A creature log is like...one of the top things a game needs to have to increase my enjoyment. I've completley filled it out with the exception of bosses that don't count for it.