Games other than Star Control

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Games other than Star Control

Post by Angelfish »

I think i'll give it a try :)
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

Lukipela wrote:I finished System Shock 2 a few weeks back. That is an awesome game.
Hehe, took you long enough Luki! Probably my favorite FPS of all time. Try playing another build with some of the HD textures and rebalance mods for a different experience. Shame on you if you rolled a standard weapons character :p
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Couple of days ago got the "Papers, please" game. By all the parts it should have been an awfully boring thing, but it is LOADS of fun. I highly recommend giving it a try.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

LOL! I'm gonna try to play paper please...sound like fun!!!

Quick question, do board games count as other games?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Alvarin wrote:Couple of days ago got the "Papers, please" game. By all the parts it should have been an awfully boring thing, but it is LOADS of fun. I highly recommend giving it a try.
there is not enough info in this post for me to determine whether the game is something for me.
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

You play the role of a border agent in a dystopian and fictitious country. You have to determine who can cross the border and who can't based on evidence. I didn't try it yet, but it seems like on of those odd yet fun game to play. It also looks satirical.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Oh, I thought it was going to be like the part of Hitchhiker's guide where Arthur is trying to navigate the bureaucracy. This might be interesting...
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

glory_device wrote:You play the role of a border agent in a dystopian and fictitious country. You have to determine who can cross the border and who can't based on evidence. I didn't try it yet, but it seems like on of those odd yet fun game to play. It also looks satirical.
thanks for the explanation. Because of the crappy graphics I didn't think it was worth the 9.99, so i downloaded a free demo from the pirates.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Umm, that was supposed to be paid? (oops?)
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

I played it and it turned out to be quite difficult. So many things to keep in mind and so littlle time to make a profit without your family dying ;).
In real life I'd have organized my work better to do a better job. Perhaps I'll print out the most important things to remember.
But after an hour of playing my family started dying and I was quite bored. Luckily by then my scanner got installed and I could take a look at some nude kolechians.
When that turn ended the game said "FUCK YOU" and put me in jail for no reason at all. So it ended.