New Study Results: Activision Hates Fun

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

New Study Results: Activision Hates Fun

Post by Dabir » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:29 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Palpatine

Bobby Kotick: "We're going to take the fun out of making games."

This is the guy, ultimately, who's in charge of Star Control happening or not happening. He says this. Chances of a new SC just halved, I reckon.

Ultron
Hunam adventurer

Re: New Study Results: Activision Hates Fun

Post by Ultron » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Dabir wrote:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Palpatine

Bobby Kotick: "We're going to take the fun out of making games."

This is the guy, ultimately, who's in charge of Star Control happening or not happening. He says this. Chances of a new SC just halved, I reckon.
CEOs and all other "wannabees" come and go, the SC community will be there - longer than those guys have their hats on .......

Alen
Hunam adventurer

Post by Alen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 pm

He may not want to make games fun. But Im sure that if the demand was high enough a game would inevitably be made.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:41 pm

So lemme get this straight. This rather linguistic lawyer is basically telling Bobby Kotick to stop trying to come off as being nice and just be the plain evil bastard that he is :| . Oh well, its always funny when someone mans up to him...
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:48 pm

You know you got it bad when lawyers think you're evil...

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 am

It's true, Earth's leaders Fred Ford and Paul Reiche III deliberately made a choice to work under the Ur-Quan's slave shield indefinitely. They were the ones who handed over the white rod to Lord Activision. Now they are working under a red sky all days and some nights until either they die of old age or some alien lifeform comes by and wipes their planet all out. But hey, it's survival, while otherwise they might have been wiped out anyway in a brutal one-sided war. But it's their choice, and therefore their own load to bear.

So please excuse me while I take my precursor tug, load it up with equipment, food and fuel, and head off to some distant system that's not on the maps that the Chenjesu gave us. I'll find some colonizable world there and have fun banging Talana for times to come, until I get old and die, but leaving behind me a legacy, a new place to start for both humans and syreen.. Who knows, perhaps some day one of my great-great-great-grandchildren will check on what became of that little blue planet after it got enslaved...