PREPARE TO DIE: A Dark Souls thread.

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

FreakyM
HELP US!

PREPARE TO DIE: A Dark Souls thread.

Post by FreakyM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:18 am

So, now that this beautiful piece of entertainment has landed on the PC, I decided to create a thread in it's honor. Anyone else found themselves solving the mysteries of the mist-covered land of Lordran, running for dear life through Dickstab Forest.. ahem, Darkroot Gardens, or enjoyed the sun-bathed scenery of Anor Londo while being pummeled into oblivion by the colorful local personalities, Ornstein and Smough? If so, this might just be the thread for you.

Fuck Anor Londo. More specifically, fuck that one bridge with the 2 Silver Knights wielding Dragonslayer Greatbows. Anyone who has played the game knows JUST the spot I mean.
Not gone. Drifting in the flow of the world, observing.

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Re: PREPARE TO DIE: A Dark Souls thread.

Post by Dragon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

FreakyM wrote:Anyone else found themselves solving the mysteries of the mist-covered land of Lordran,...
Not yet, but it is on my wish-list.

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:16 am

Now that it's out for the PC I may pick it up.. eventually. I tried watching this XBox walk through but the kid who made it is so annoying (his commentary and pansey play) I found myself skipping large sections, especially where he farms for souls. I'm up to episode #28.

FreakyM
HELP US!

Post by FreakyM » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Third overall run through the game, and boy is it fun. My Darkwraith character is somewhere Soul Level 90-ish right now, and invasion targets are slooowly learning to fight back. I think it's time to start building a more PVP-focused character...

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm

what the hell is dark souls?

FreakyM
HELP US!

Post by FreakyM » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:04 am

An action-rpg-adventure kind of game, with a quite unique online aspect, known and hyped for its difficulty, to the point that the PC version is called the "Prepare to Die Edition". A very entertaining game, I might add.