Someone please explain the Forum Vessel.

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Someone please explain the Forum Vessel.

Post by Nuclear » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 am

Bleeding Star wrote:This sounds like an excellent idea, though... Hellbores only for the postiest.
Yeah this would be a good idea, but remember that post count doesn't always mean prestige...{See: spam}
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Nuclear wrote:
Bleeding Star wrote:This sounds like an excellent idea, though... Hellbores only for the postiest.
Yeah this would be a good idea, but remember that post count doesn't always mean prestige...{See: spam}
Someone has come far :)

Sage
Wise and Ancient Soul

Post by Sage » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:28 pm

If one wanted to make the "post count as more awesome Vindicator" idea a bit more complex, I think it'd be interesting to have your post count be used as RU to spend on modules and fleet compliments. Of course that would complicate it quite a bit, but it would have the added benefit of making not everyone's 9001 post Vindicator identical to one another (probably).

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Sage wrote:If one wanted to make the "post count as more awesome Vindicator" idea a bit more complex, I think it'd be interesting to have your post count be used as RU to spend on modules and fleet compliments. Of course that would complicate it quite a bit, but it would have the added benefit of making not everyone's 9001 post Vindicator identical to one another (probably).
Thats where the "Post random stuff to boost your RU's megathread" comes in... :|
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:02 am

Followed by the "where did everyone go?" thread, after the inevitable bannings... :roll:

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:03 am

yes yes I agree.
postcount++

cymon
Hunam adventurer

Post by cymon » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Sage wrote:If one wanted to make the "post count as more awesome Vindicator" idea a bit more complex, I think it'd be interesting to have your post count be used as RU to spend on modules and fleet compliments. Of course that would complicate it quite a bit, but it would have the added benefit of making not everyone's 9001 post Vindicator identical to one another (probably).
Didn't I suggest something like this?

I've seen other boards where your post count and your kudos can go towards board items. It's a good way to encourage posting, improve reader loyalty, and increase stupid spam. Still, what would you rather have, some action or no action?

But a custom system like this would be a lot of work, admittedly.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:15 pm

cymon wrote:
I've seen other boards where your post count and your kudos can go towards board items. It's a good way to encourage posting, improve reader loyalty, and increase stupid spam. Still, what would you rather have, some action or no action?

But a custom system like this would be a lot of work, admittedly.
Yeah, let me put it like this. If someone steps up and volunteers to make a complex system for stuff like this (coughSagecough) then fine. We can run it on the test forum and work it out. But no one on the PNF team has the time to sit down and do something like this. If I had nothing else to do, I'd be all over this. But as it is, I've got plenty of small updates to run, in addition to all the other SC stuff.

Sage
Wise and Ancient Soul

Post by Sage » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 am

Lukipela wrote:(coughSagecough)
I'll consider it once I can find some time/patience to install a copy of this board software to my test server and see how plugins work. No promises yet, though.