sedodes active?! What gives?!

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Post Reply
User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Lukipela » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Angelfish wrote: See, this proves that we haven't changed. Today they say 'Allah Akhbar!' and do the beheading thingy to you ;).
The Goa'uld behead people nowadays? I'd have thought that nifty bracelet thing of theirs was enough.

User avatar
Rider
Not Ride Her
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:16 am

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Rider » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

sedodes wrote:1) kingschosen, the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Are you offering that there's no such thing as actual choice? In that case, enjoy being a product of your environment.
Hehe, that's what I said!

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by kingschosen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Rider wrote:
sedodes wrote:1) kingschosen, the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Are you offering that there's no such thing as actual choice? In that case, enjoy being a product of your environment.
Rider, I've been trying to convey that to him multiple times; he doesn't understand.

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Angelfish » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Rider wrote:
sedodes wrote:1) kingschosen, the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Are you offering that there's no such thing as actual choice? In that case, enjoy being a product of your environment.
ofcourse you have choice, but take a look at your parents and brothers/sisters if you have any. Take a look at the people in the same town.. you will find that you have a lot of similarities, which you didn't choose :).

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by kingschosen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Angelfish wrote:
Rider wrote:
sedodes wrote:1) kingschosen, the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Are you offering that there's no such thing as actual choice? In that case, enjoy being a product of your environment.
ofcourse you have choice, but take a look at your parents and brothers/sisters if you have any. Take a look at the people in the same town.. you will find that you have a lot of similarities, which you didn't choose :).
And that goes back to the aforementioned...

Some people see the conditioned response (the change) as something not worth changing... or they like it the way it is.

User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Lukipela » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Zeracles wrote: Got another one for you. Weber Advanced Spatial Perception, which I've heard of by meeting a relative of said Weber.
I'm not sure if you're telling me that you met a famous guy or some guy whose theory is so obscure that people don't find out about it without meeting him. Like Fight Club but in science.

User avatar
Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 am

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Fossaman » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 pm

The first rule of Advanced Spatial Perception club is that you don't talk about Advanced Spatial Perception club. (Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.)

User avatar
sedodes
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:21 am
Location: Deep inside your mother

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by sedodes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 am

Fossaman wrote:The first rule of Advanced Spatial Perception club is that you don't talk about Advanced Spatial Perception club. (Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.)
"Slapfight Club"

EDIT: @kingschosen - why do you think you make any choices? It's not random, buddy, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you think or do is in response to some form of stimuli, whether you like it or not. Yes, even the deep spiritual om-ne-om-ohm I want to become a vegetarian out of the blue life decisions. Hell, even picking "randomly" between heads and tails in a coin toss is the result of stimuli. If you think I'm wrong, give me your best example and I'll EASILY explain how stimuli has influenced it. Putz.
The most important thing to realize in life is that anyone can justify anything.

User avatar
Dragon
Reborn Shofixti
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:29 am
Location: South Africa

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Dragon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:09 am

Fossaman wrote:Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.
Yeah, particularly when they start using particle accelerators to fire black holes at each other. Id' pay to see that.

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by kingschosen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 pm

sedodes wrote: EDIT: @kingschosen - why do you think you make any choices? It's not random, buddy, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you think or do is in response to some form of stimuli, whether you like it or not. Yes, even the deep spiritual om-ne-om-ohm I want to become a vegetarian out of the blue life decisions. Hell, even picking "randomly" between heads and tails in a coin toss is the result of stimuli. If you think I'm wrong, give me your best example and I'll EASILY explain how stimuli has influenced it. Putz.
Ok, I'm now convinced you're fairly illiterate and have little clue how to actually present and defend an argument. Go back and read (comprehend if you can) what I wrote. You really, really like that Strawman don't you? Why are you reiterating a point we agree on?

I can ALSO easily explain how stimuli has influenced everything, but after I explain how that stimuli has influenced a change, a human can still CHOOSE to do the complete opposite. This choice could not be based only any of the influence of any stimuli. It is just a simple choice made by a person.

Oh yeah. Putz lolz am i doin this rite?

Post Reply