sedodes active?! What gives?!

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Lukipela » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Angelfish wrote: See, this proves that we haven't changed. Today they say 'Allah Akhbar!' and do the beheading thingy to you ;).
The Goa'uld behead people nowadays? I'd have thought that nifty bracelet thing of theirs was enough.

Rider
Not Ride Her

Post by Rider » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

sedodes wrote:1) kingschosen, the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Are you offering that there's no such thing as actual choice? In that case, enjoy being a product of your environment.
Hehe, that's what I said!

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Rider wrote:
sedodes wrote:1) kingschosen, the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Are you offering that there's no such thing as actual choice? In that case, enjoy being a product of your environment.
Rider, I've been trying to convey that to him multiple times; he doesn't understand.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Rider wrote:
ofcourse you have choice, but take a look at your parents and brothers/sisters if you have any. Take a look at the people in the same town.. you will find that you have a lot of similarities, which you didn't choose :).

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Angelfish wrote:
Rider wrote:
ofcourse you have choice, but take a look at your parents and brothers/sisters if you have any. Take a look at the people in the same town.. you will find that you have a lot of similarities, which you didn't choose :).
And that goes back to the aforementioned...

Some people see the conditioned response (the change) as something not worth changing... or they like it the way it is.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Zeracles wrote: Got another one for you. Weber Advanced Spatial Perception, which I've heard of by meeting a relative of said Weber.
I'm not sure if you're telling me that you met a famous guy or some guy whose theory is so obscure that people don't find out about it without meeting him. Like Fight Club but in science.

Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 pm

The first rule of Advanced Spatial Perception club is that you don't talk about Advanced Spatial Perception club. (Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.)

sedodes
Hunam adventurer

Post by sedodes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 am

Fossaman wrote:The first rule of Advanced Spatial Perception club is that you don't talk about Advanced Spatial Perception club. (Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.)
"Slapfight Club"

EDIT: @kingschosen - why do you think you make any choices? It's not random, buddy, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you think or do is in response to some form of stimuli, whether you like it or not. Yes, even the deep spiritual om-ne-om-ohm I want to become a vegetarian out of the blue life decisions. Hell, even picking "randomly" between heads and tails in a coin toss is the result of stimuli. If you think I'm wrong, give me your best example and I'll EASILY explain how stimuli has influenced it. Putz.
The most important thing to realize in life is that anyone can justify anything.

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:09 am

Fossaman wrote:Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.
Yeah, particularly when they start using particle accelerators to fire black holes at each other. Id' pay to see that.

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 pm

sedodes wrote: EDIT: @kingschosen - why do you think you make any choices? It's not random, buddy, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you think or do is in response to some form of stimuli, whether you like it or not. Yes, even the deep spiritual om-ne-om-ohm I want to become a vegetarian out of the blue life decisions. Hell, even picking "randomly" between heads and tails in a coin toss is the result of stimuli. If you think I'm wrong, give me your best example and I'll EASILY explain how stimuli has influenced it. Putz.
Ok, I'm now convinced you're fairly illiterate and have little clue how to actually present and defend an argument. Go back and read (comprehend if you can) what I wrote. You really, really like that Strawman don't you? Why are you reiterating a point we agree on?

I can ALSO easily explain how stimuli has influenced everything, but after I explain how that stimuli has influenced a change, a human can still CHOOSE to do the complete opposite. This choice could not be based only any of the influence of any stimuli. It is just a simple choice made by a person.

Oh yeah. Putz lolz am i doin this rite?