sedodes active?! What gives?!

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Dabir » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm just glad it took at least a page before someone broke out the ad hominem. Stupid Pojo, warping my perception of decent conversation.

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Angelfish » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Image

User avatar
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Dabir » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:56 pm

:shock:

:?

Buh... wha?

User avatar
Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 am

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Fossaman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 pm

I like that .gif. I'm tempted to steal it.

In other news, I kind of wish we still had karma, so I could annigilate Kingchosen. His arguments don't make sense, and I can't tell if he's arguing for or against fate and predestination.

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by kingschosen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 am

Fossaman wrote:I like that .gif. I'm tempted to steal it.

In other news, I kind of wish we still had karma, so I could annigilate Kingchosen. His arguments don't make sense, and I can't tell if he's arguing for or against fate and predestination.
*sigh*

I'll be as clear as possible... this isn't hard to understand.

As Sedodes and I have said, outward stimuli directly affects change. What Sedodes is saying is if there is no outward stimuli, then you cannot have change. I'm saying that that is untrue. You could remove all the stimuli that affects a change. According to Sedodes, change is then impossible. Humans do not function like that. Even if all stimuli is removed, we can still CHOOSE to change, regardless if we have stimuli or not.

If you don't agree with this, you probably should retake the last three decades of life.

User avatar
Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 am

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Fossaman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 am

Hm. I disagree, but it's more of a quibble on the nature of stimuli. Internal stimuli (ennui, to pick an easy example) influence our choices and decisions as well.

User avatar
Zeracles
Pootworm
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Zeracles » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 am

Fossaman wrote:The first rule of Advanced Spatial Perception club is that you don't talk about Advanced Spatial Perception club. (Also fight club with scientists would make a great movie.)
`Mischief. Mayhem. WASPs.'
Fossaman wrote:In other news, I kind of wish we still had karma, so I could annigilate Kingchosen.
Damn, I kind of wish I could annigilate you for that sentiment.
sedodes wrote:the most basic of physical laws the only reason your thought processes continue to function (and change) is because by living you're stimulating neurons and bla bla bla.
Pretending to know something about physics here? Those aren't even close to the most basic of physical laws, though I suppose this explains why you think you're choiceless. Are you about to try to blind us with your ridiculous misconceptions to argue that light has a gravitational pull again too? This should be fun.
sedodes wrote:Zeracles you're about as useful as Dick Cheney's opinions at this point. Arguing your vapid ideas and primitive thought process serves me no function anymore - not even that of amusement when I make you look as ridiculous as a 500lb. drag queen. The simple fact that you simply go on and on and on no matter how outclassed you are speaks volumes about how blatantly incapable you are of just sitting down, shutting up, and letting the adults WITHOUT brain damage speak amongst themselves.
Excellent, I win again! I suppose you assume everyone else is as illiterate as you are and fails to notice that you just squirmed out of a contest and pretended to win a flame war that never happened, which is your usual response to any sort of confrontation.
sedodes wrote:the only reason ANYTHING changes is because of external stimuli.
Well at least the 500lb. drag queen and brain-damaged retard didn't just forfeit free will. Aren't there more important stimuli to be responding to than this board? Like a certain someone getting pissed off at you for typing online?
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by kingschosen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Fossaman wrote:Hm. I disagree, but it's more of a quibble on the nature of stimuli. Internal stimuli (ennui, to pick an easy example) influence our choices and decisions as well.
Let's say you wake up in a dark room. You cannot see anything but darkness. You cannot hear anything besides yourself. You also have no recollection of life up until the moment you woke up.

So, there are no previous stimuli affecting your choices. Currently, you have only one stimulus: a dark silent room.

What is your most natural reaction?

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Angelfish » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:22 pm

kingschosen wrote:
Fossaman wrote:Hm. I disagree, but it's more of a quibble on the nature of stimuli. Internal stimuli (ennui, to pick an easy example) influence our choices and decisions as well.
Let's say you wake up in a dark room. You cannot see anything but darkness. You cannot hear anything besides yourself. You also have no recollection of life up until the moment you woke up.

So, there are no previous stimuli affecting your choices. Currently, you have only one stimulus: a dark silent room.

What is your most natural reaction?
Mine would be to consider the likeliness of being eaten by a grue.

User avatar
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth
Posts: 1348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: sedodes active?! What gives?!

Post by Draxas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I cast magic missile! I attack the darkness!

Post Reply