What are you eating?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

What are you eating?

Post by Lukipela » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:44 pm

We used to have a nice thread about food back in the day. Well I say nice, even though there was a lot of weird sandwich stuff going on.. I figured we’d let it live on here with more food.

I’ve recently started eating crustaceans. I guess shellfish and prawns have never really been that interesting to me. I mean, it’s not like I hated them or disliked them. Not at all. But I wasn’t really very interested either, so we’d never make any food containing the stuff and I’d never order it at a restaurant.

However, a few weeks back we got some tiger prawns just to experiment. And holy something or other do they taste a lot more than regular prawns. This has really opened up a new dimension in cooking for me, frying up those little buggers is a real delight. I guess because of that resounding success we’re also eating more shellfish and I’m appreciating them more. Part of the reason we had it so seldom was that it’s expensive as sin in Finland. But here in Sweden it’s a lot cheaper, so I feel I’m getting my moneys worth in a completely different way.

Also, to not be too posh and stuff I made a Taco explosion pie a few weeks back with minced meat and lots of spices. Great stuff.

So what’re you eating right now?

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Re: What are you eating?

Post by Dabir » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Just finished dinner: Chicken in some sort of sauce, rice and - ugh - lettuce. Good stuff, aside from the greens.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Ugh, need I mention cabbage rolls again? Yuck....
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Right this minute? Stale microwave popcorn.

I feel I should tout the virtues of pancakes, though. So simple a monkey could make them, but oh so tasty.

FreakyM
HELP US!

Post by FreakyM » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Eating some tortilla wraps filled with white beans, quacamole, ground meat and a really awesome chilisauce I got my hands on. This stuff's tasty. Om nom nom.
Not gone. Drifting in the flow of the world, observing.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Lukipela wrote:I’ve recently started eating crustaceans. I guess shellfish and prawns have never really been that interesting to me. I mean, it’s not like I hated them or disliked them. Not at all. But I wasn’t really very interested either, so we’d never make any food containing the stuff and I’d never order it at a restaurant.

However, a few weeks back we got some tiger prawns just to experiment. And holy something or other do they taste a lot more than regular prawns. This has really opened up a new dimension in cooking for me, frying up those little buggers is a real delight. I guess because of that resounding success we’re also eating more shellfish and I’m appreciating them more. Part of the reason we had it so seldom was that it’s expensive as sin in Finland. But here in Sweden it’s a lot cheaper, so I feel I’m getting my moneys worth in a completely different way.
I love me some crustaceans. Prawns (or shrimp, as we call them here) are quite good, and we used to catch lobster down in Florida every summer. I recently discovered that crab is really inexpensive in the winter-time where I now live, so expect reports of a crabsplosion in a few months!

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Right now, some greek mixed grill menu :)

Megagun
Salesman

Post by Megagun » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Pancakes!

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Fish fingers, baked beans and chips. Pukka.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Pizza for breakfast!