What are you eating?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Re: What are you eating?

Post by Fossaman » Mon May 31, 2010 3:56 am

I dunno, Alvarin, the white stuff looks like it might be cheese. I'd go for the cheese too.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon May 31, 2010 11:32 am

Yes, it looks like the salty sheep milk cheese. I don't like it too much, though. I usually eat four meat meals a day.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Mon May 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Was just eating crispbread and pickled herring. Pretty tasty - I guess Swedish food isn't all bad. Now I need an excuse to go back to Ikea to get some more...

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon May 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Err... You eat wood chippings?

VenusRain
Hunam adventurer

Post by VenusRain » Mon May 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Just finished some delicious pancakes and sausage. A RARE TREAT INDEED.
Wild DEVIANT SCHOOLGIRL appeared!

Fight|Poke
Bag |>Run

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon May 31, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm at my parent's, we're having BBQ and steaks...

RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Probably the most interesting things I have ever eaten are raw elk meat, cow milk squirted directly from a cow's teet and cooked calamari (prepared several different ways). Deep fried being my favorite. Hey I'm an American and if it's not deep fried, it ain't American. ;) Also, since I grew up with fresh whole cow's milk, it took me years to get used to the 2% milk sold in grocery stores here in the U.S.

When I lived on the Oregon coast we used to walk down to the peer and throw our crab pots in the bay. Then we would boil the dungenous crab over a fire on the sandy beach and serve with butter sauce. Nothing compares to this in any seafood resturant. Oysters were another dish we'd often serve at family gatherings. We'd cook them in the shell over a BBQ grill, splash a little butter sauce on them and eat em right out of the shell. We'd buy oysters and clams from the local fishing community knowing that the food had been harvested that day in some cases.

Good times.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Fossaman wrote:I dunno, Alvarin, the white stuff looks like it might be cheese. I'd go for the cheese too.
The cheese is mozzarella, and delicious. The tomato was a bit too big and slightly tasteless, I should have bought smaller ones. And sure, croquettes sounds about right since it's "kroketter" in Swedish. Also featured is hot bearnaise sauce, haricots verts (green beans) lightly boiled, then stirred with a dollop of butter and lightly seasoned with lemon salt. And fired mushrooms and onion mix, which was good but maybe a bit too much On Sunday I did the same thing, only without beans and mushrooms and added carrot and cucumber to the salad.
Alvarin wrote:Err... You eat wood chippings?
IKEA sells what they claim to be original Swedish food in every store around the world. It is very delicious and emigrants often visit it just to get authentic meatballs.
VenusRain wrote:Just finished some delicious pancakes and sausage. A RARE TREAT INDEED.
Is this some American thing? I've had crepes with salty fillings, but isn't pancake basically like flapjacks, something for mostly sweet food? Or am I getting the words confused?

VenusRain
Hunam adventurer

Post by VenusRain » Mon May 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Lukipela wrote:
VenusRain wrote:Just finished some delicious pancakes and sausage. A RARE TREAT INDEED.
Is this some American thing? I've had crepes with salty fillings, but isn't pancake basically like flapjacks, something for mostly sweet food? Or am I getting the words confused?
Pancakes are, as far as I know, the same as flapjacks. It could be an American thing, serving them with savories, but fruit is also commonly paired with them, along with some other sweet things. It wasn't part of the batter, if that's what you're thinking. Although I'm pretty sure someone's made it, it's like the Rule 34 of food--if you've thought of it, there is a recipe for it.
Wild DEVIANT SCHOOLGIRL appeared!

Fight|Poke
Bag |>Run

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon May 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Lukipela wrote: IKEA sells what they claim to be original Swedish food in every store around the world. It is very delicious and emigrants often visit it just to get authentic meatballs.
We have IKEA stores here too, but they only sell furniture and household items, there isn't any food in there...