Key config problem?

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

FluffyBob
ZEXy Beast

Key config problem?

Post by FluffyBob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Thought I would try out this classic game but I am struggling to even get started. I seem to have no weapons, as soon as I leave the station to deal with the Ilwrath ship, I die. I checked a walkthough and apparently I start with weapons. I cannot warp away with escape, I cannot fire any weapons; R-Ctrl and R-Shift do nothing. I tried out my joystick but it seems to do nothing. I tried experimenting in Super Melee but I cannot even get past the selection screen; I can navigate around but cant select or exit. The Enter, Esc, Space keys do nothing. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del just to get close it.

Any help appreciated

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Re: Key config problem?

Post by Maloo Oture » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Hey FluffyBob! Thanks for joining. I had trouble with this same thing when I first downloaded the game. I ended up just doing a reinstall and that fixed it for me. Also, do you know what version you downloaded?

FluffyBob
ZEXy Beast

Post by FluffyBob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Ok I will try that.

I do not see a version number, but the file name is Ur-Quan_Masters_HD-Beta1-Win-Full

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 am

Looks like you've got the HD version. Let us know what happens after the reinstall.

FluffyBob
ZEXy Beast

Post by FluffyBob » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 am

Ok, re-installed, still no guns with either R-Shift or R-Ctrl. Am I supposed avoid this battle somehow and arm up first? I must admit it isnt very clear to me whats going on as far as mechanics. I have a choice of ships to select, I select the smaller one, assuming it is more manoeuvrable, which it is but neither seems to have weapons. I landed on the moon first and visited the moon base - could not interact in any way with the vehicles rolling around there.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:16 am

Okay, well, without giving too much away:

Yes. Both ships have weapons that should be functional. Have you tried to reconfigure the keys from the main menu?