UQM-HD Beta 1 Coming soon!

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Re: UQM-HD Beta 1 Coming soon!

Post by darklord42 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Oh please come back. I know it's foot in mouth for me to say now, but like so many others it pains me to see you guys right there at the finish line for so long. I fully understand the need for a break, but please, please put in a few more days and get that pesky beta out? Then you can go back to vacation till after Christmas!... of next year! XD And you won't have that over your head.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm

please come back I want to see what happens next I done every thing I chold in hd alpha and p6014 and others I want to see the new saves and deletes relly bad and want to kick lurg and others butt but be allies with ferndlys P.S. I agered the orz they say some pretty neat stuff.
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

Rapajez
ZEXy Beast

Post by Rapajez » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 am

Also, nobody has done my laundry in weeks. Can you address that as well?

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:15 am

Rapajez,

provided that nobody here owes us anything (the opposite is true), it'd be nice to have some news from dczanik after an imminent release was announced in May with successive deadlines not being met.

I think most people understand that things can change abruptly and plans can go awry at any moment but, in my opinion, information is always good. Even when there are bad news to communicate.

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

darklord42 wrote:Oh please come back. I know it's foot in mouth for me to say now, but like so many others it pains me to see you guys right there at the finish line for so long. I fully understand the need for a break, but please, please put in a few more days and get that pesky beta out? Then you can go back to vacation till after Christmas!... of next year! XD And you won't have that over your head.
gtb2002 wrote:please come back I want to see what happens next I done every thing I chold in hd alpha and p6014 and others I want to see the new saves and deletes relly bad and want to kick lurg and others butt but be allies with ferndlys P.S. I agered the orz they say some pretty neat stuff.
I hear you. Stay tuned...

Our biggest problems is just assembling the needed team. I really need a Windows programmer to create an installer if anybody would like to help out.

I'll release something for the HD game in the next few days. It might just be a zip file. But it will be something.

As far as 6014 goes. We've got an awesome writer just joining. The board prohibits using real names, but he's a professional writer, has a degree, and is a huge Star Control fan. We're also joining forces with the SC-3D team.

Take a look at screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/O6d9i
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:17 pm

I know I'm being a pessimist, but it starts looking like the whole project is getting too big to handle, as it is so much more now than just the intended initially new map and new dialogue tree. Really hope to be wrong on this one.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Alvarin wrote:I know I'm being a pessimist, but it starts looking like the whole project is getting too big to handle, as it is so much more now than just the intended initially new map and new dialogue tree. Really hope to be wrong on this one.
No problem. No offense, but I really don't care what you think. Opinions are like butt-holes, everybody has one. ;) I was told the same thing about the HD project. I love doing what others say can't be done. If I can get a good 6014 story in my hands, I got this. Maybe not the 3D stuff, because I'm relying on others for that. But once I get a good story, 6014 will get done.

Any mod project has a low rate of success (ie. being put out). If you're talking about the 6014 3D thing. There's a ton of work in 3D. I agree with you. It's a valid criticism. I'm doing it though. Having lots of fun. My worst case scenario? I learn a lot, and have fun. Best case? We made a 3D game. Win/Win.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:48 pm

dczanik wrote:
Alvarin wrote:I know I'm being a pessimist, but it starts looking like the whole project is getting too big to handle, as it is so much more now than just the intended initially new map and new dialogue tree. Really hope to be wrong on this one.
No problem. No offense, but I really don't care what you think. Opinions are like butt-holes, everybody has one. ;) I was told the same thing about the HD project. I love doing what others say can't be done. If I can get a good 6014 story in my hands, I got this. Maybe not the 3D stuff, because I'm relying on others for that. But once I get a good story, 6014 will get done.

Any mod project has a low rate of success (ie. being put out). If you're talking about the 6014 3D thing. There's a ton of work in 3D. I agree with you. It's a valid criticism. I'm doing it though. Having lots of fun. My worst case scenario? I learn a lot, and have fun. Best case? We made a 3D game. Win/Win.
I know that you will succeed. If you don't, I will hunt you down and force you to play SC III for several hours.

gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:54 pm

sakalava47 wrote:
dczanik wrote:

I hope you do complete it and its good I like it so far
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Post by darklord42 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 am

That's awesome news all around! Shame, if you had said mac, I'd be able to help you, but I have never touched a windows package tool. Personally I'd ask around on any lively modding community. You are bound to find someone who can help you with a simple installer.

With p6014, I wish you all the best of luck. It sounds like a great project! :) Ive tried the UQM based alpha, but this new direction with 3d looks real promising. To be honest when i first saw the 3d project, I didn't know what to think of it. But now that I know that p6014 is going to be the story behind it all, that sounds just fantastic! If you don't mind me asking what engine are you guys using?