Ur-Quan Masters HD: Beta 1 Released!

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD: Beta 1 Released!

Post by darklord42 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Not with out a coder to make the fixes. :'(-smf

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 am

I'm afraid i'll catch ebola or some other kind of ancient virus if I touch that code.

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:40 am

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any work being done to squash the few bugs that were still present in the Beta version?

Any update is welcome. :D

superbutcherx
Hunam adventurer

Post by superbutcherx » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 am

Hello, UQM-HD programmer here.
Happy to tell you that we've picked up the pace recently and started exterminating those pesky bugs!

Also in the works is an up-to-date Finnish translation to be included with HD. Not sure how useful that'll be as here in Finland pretty much everyone's quite a whiz in English... But the translation's fun to make! And who knows, maybe it'll invite some not-yet-English-speaking kids to the world of UQM. That'd be cool :).

If you've found bugs that haven't been reported in http://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/issues/list, go ahead and add them to that list, don't be shy!

(Do take note however, that the list doesn't list already-resolved bugs at default. If you want to make sure you're not reporting duplicate bugs or just want to admire our herculean efforts, select "All issues" from the search-dropdown and click "search".)

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello superbutcherx!

Thanks a lot for the update and great to know you are back to deal with the few bugs left in the game. It's great to read that! If I ever happen to notice something I won't hesitate reporting it, of course! ;)

sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Is there an option to increase mineral abundance?

superbutcherx
Hunam adventurer

Post by superbutcherx » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:40 am

sakalava47 wrote:Is there an option to increase mineral abundance?
Unfortunately, no. :'(-smf

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:14 am

superbutcherx,

I take the opportunity of your presence to ask you if you might tell me whether I am right or not. I have the impression that there is not much to do in terms of work to fix the outstanding bugs while the mod itself's ambitions might be crippled by the lack of participants to dczanik's vision.

In view of all this, are you guys going to just release a Beta2 soon that contains the necessary corrections (and the Finnish translation) or are you rather going to put the release on hold till when and if Ur-Quan Masters HD finds the resources to make it really transition into a modern game?

Thanks!

superbutcherx
Hunam adventurer

Post by superbutcherx » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 am

Salk, you're correct. The bugfixes are mostly done and the Finnish stuff requires at maximum a few weeks to be completed.

We would rather (dczanik, correct if I'm wrong! :)) release a new, small beta first before starting to make a huge transitional leap.

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 am

That sounds like the perfect plan... ;)

Thanks superbutcherx!