2h video interview of PR, and FF

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

krulle
Reborn Shofixti

2h video interview of PR, and FF

Post by krulle »

On the UQM forums, Mormont pointed us to the full length video of the Ars-Technica interview of FF and PR3.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=cs8RY31Byzg (2 hours, 12 minuted).

Enjoy!
Borgie
Hunam adventurer

Re: 2h video interview of PR, and FF

Post by Borgie »

I half expected to be rickrolled :). Thanks for the link!
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Borgie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:37 pm I half expected to be rickrolled :). Thanks for the link!
Folk on this site will never let you down. We know the rules.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian »

Very interesting video, especially seeing all the designs on paper.
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com
krulle
Reborn Shofixti

Post by krulle »

Borgie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:37 pm I half expected to be rickrolled :). Thanks for the link!
Then have The Newfangled Four - Bananaphone, which is a pretty good number of them, but in this version they switch.
(It was the last one which rickrolled me, and I also thoroughly enjoyed it. The rickroll actually happened by the Barbershop Harmony Society, on whose channel this competition entry got published. I expected a re-upload, and was slightly confused that the "old" Bananaphone was still online, and another gets uploaded?)
Tormuse
Nnnnnngaaaa!!!!

Post by Tormuse »

It's really cool to see the dynamic between the two of them, how Fred Ford is the technical/problem-solving guy, and Paul Reiche is the more abstract/creative one. This is a really cool interview. Thanks for sharing! :)

It also shows that they still remember their project pretty fondly, even keeping all their old paper diagrams and notes! I wonder how they'd react to seeing Troglodyte's playthrough. :)

Also...
krulle wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:08 am
Then have The Newfangled Four - Bananaphone, which is a pretty good number of them, but in this version they switch.
(It was the last one which rickrolled me, and I also thoroughly enjoyed it. The rickroll actually happened by the Barbershop Harmony Society, on whose channel this competition entry got published. I expected a re-upload, and was slightly confused that the "old" Bananaphone was still online, and another gets uploaded?)
Hey, cool! I didn't know you're into barbershop! :D You may be interested to know that I'm a member of the Toronto Northern Lights chorus. Last year's convention in SLC was the first I've missed in a while, after attending practically all of them since 2002. :)
krulle
Reborn Shofixti

Post by krulle »

Tormuse wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:11 amHey, cool! I didn't know you're into barbershop! :D You may be interested to know that I'm a member of the Toronto Northern Lights chorus. Last year's convention in SLC was the first I've missed in a while, after attending practically all of them since 2002. :)
Youtube Rabbit-hole, here i come.
<copy-pastes the name into the YT search machine>

Any video and time stamp in particular I could match face to "Tormuse"?
(started watching "Veggie Set" first)
(also, more into pop-a-capella, and less into larger chorus groups, but at least the Veggie Set is varable enough to keep me watching.
Thanks for the hint.)