Board downtime and upgrade - 08-14-2020 (completed)

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Frumple
Site Admin

Board downtime and upgrade - 08-14-2020 (completed)

Post by Frumple »

Alvarin let me know the SCDB was having issues. I didn't see any errors on backend and whatnot. So I tried an in-place upgrade to phpBB board software but that failed miserably and made it worse.

Luckily they have a way to wipe everything out and start over, keeping the backend database (the config and your posts, etc). So I did that and upgraded the phpBB software and upgraded new user registration captcha also.

It looks "better" to me than it did before and I don't see any nasty errors on the backend after re-installing/upgrading. The software version upgrade was overdue, so at least that was taken care. Sorry for the troubles, thanks for sticking around and enjoy! Always an interesting day when you spend like half your best hours of the day working on something you didn't expect ;)
Image "...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement." Image
Frumple
Site Admin

Re: Board downtime and upgrade - 08-14-2020 (completed)

Post by Frumple »

Cool, well posting and replying works after the upgrade/re-install. A successful test O0-smf
Image "...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement." Image
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

All is right :)
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
krulle
Reborn Shofixti

Post by krulle »

Thanks!