IDF Reasearch Has Begun Indeed

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: IDF Reasearch Has Begun Indeed

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Those little messages of yours are always *jumping in front* of your mind, are they not?
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Quasispatial wrote:Those little messages of yours are always *jumping in front* of your mind, are they not?
Yeah, that's the ticket! That's what I meant all along, er...yeah, I was never making any reference to any dubious encounters of titles or that sort of thing. When my thoughts start *jumping in front*, I put my head underwater and scream "Nnnnngaaaa!". If that doesn't work, in extreme circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to start *squeezing* *juice* into my eyes! That almost always works.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Tormuse
Nnnnnngaaaa!!!!

Post by Tormuse » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:58 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:I was able to find a spoiler-free printable version of the map, which I was able to crop and print out on 4 seperate sheets of paper, which I lined up, taped, and colored in the stars with markers, along with several other smaller maps as well. This way I can chart my flight path and also use as a quick reference tool so I don't always have to look up the starmap on the game...plus it looks cool pinned on my wall! I feel like I'm in junior high again! ...but without the acne.
I'd be curious to see what this looks like! I hope you're taking pictures for posterity? I have this image in my mind, after you win the game, of a starmap full of hundreds of criss-crossing lines, showing your flightpath. :)

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Tormuse wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:I was able to find a spoiler-free printable version of the map, which I was able to crop and print out on 4 seperate sheets of paper, which I lined up, taped, and colored in the stars with markers, along with several other smaller maps as well. This way I can chart my flight path and also use as a quick reference tool so I don't always have to look up the starmap on the game...plus it looks cool pinned on my wall! I feel like I'm in junior high again! ...but without the acne.
I'd be curious to see what this looks like! I hope you're taking pictures for posterity? I have this image in my mind, after you win the game, of a starmap full of hundreds of criss-crossing lines, showing your flightpath. :)
Well, I was going to post some pictures, but it wouldn't let me. Instead I received a message saying, "The board attachment quota has been reached." What does that mean? Board attachment quota reasearch has begun.

By the way, thanks for your confidence in my abilities to win the game! I'll do my best to not let you down!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:07 pm

How big is the image? Anyway, imgur would probably be a good alternate host.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Death 999 wrote:How big is the image? Anyway, imgur would probably be a good alternate host.
It was almost a full megabyte, but I resized it down after I received the message "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KB." But after I resized it, I keep getting the message "The board attachment quota has been reached.” which makes no sense to me.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 am

go to imgur.com and upload it there. it will provide you with a bbcode link to place here, and that will work and display the image correctly :).

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Ok, I'm trying imgur, and I figured I'd use my Caveman Coke as a test subject. After all, it is the choice of troglodytes world wide.

EDIT: Sweet! It worked! Much thanks!

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Tormuse wrote:

Looks like I have a LONG way to go!

The rest of the map, which I keep folded up in my folder, it's great for plotting flight paths and labeling areas of interest.

I keep a separate map pinned up on the wall for easy reference...

...along with those helpful tips from Commander Hayes!

I made a folder to keep dialogue, places, events, etc., and a spiral notebook for jotting down stuff.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:48 pm

wow!

Star-control 2 was the first game that I needed to take note to actually solve...not exactly on this magnitude tho! But it's freaking awesome!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo