SCDB day-to-day upkeep

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Re: SCDB day-to-day upkeep

Post by Scott Irving » Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Done..
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed May 10, 2017 12:40 am

Ok, great! Hmmm... let's see, what else was there? Oh yeah! I'd also like one million dollars of US currency wired to my savings account... and the ability to fly!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Wed May 10, 2017 3:07 am

Me too :)
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 am

Death 999 wrote:He also added me, so unless something requiring full admin access comes along, I think we're set.
You probably still don't have enough. I think I remember Luki saying he could lock threads but not delete them (or was that on the old SMF board?).

In case you can't do it here, you can check your permissions against the list on the backup forum, which you should be able to see (in the ACP > permissions tab) as a full admin there. If Chad doesn't want you to be a full admin, you can identify which specific admin permissions we need to tick off the items in our list of requests and just suggest those. Two that Scott mentions not having (subforum management and registrations) are required. Then you could be a partial admin while still being able to do enough.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 am

The Troglodyte wrote:Ok, great! Hmmm... let's see, what else was there? Oh yeah! I'd also like one million dollars of US currency wired to my savings account... and the ability to fly!
you can already fly, it's just the ground holding you back.

krulle
Reborn Shofixti

Post by krulle » Wed May 17, 2017 11:03 am

"There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."
- Link to Source, in case you did not catch the reference.