Why can't there be PEACE?? (legal stuff)

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Stickman_king_28
Silly Supox

Why can't there be PEACE?? (legal stuff)

Post by Stickman_king_28 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 pm

To be honest, Both fred and paul, and *cough* Stardock are acting really immature. I mean, Stardock's saying "no nope you're wrong because we're twisting the facts and crap" and fred and paul are showing random stuff desperately trying to take (back?) the copyrights.

Now, to the main part of this post: Why cant there be a statement that shuts both sides up? I've seen that almost all the community say that they want both sides to continue making games. also stardock is being real petty on their steam discussions
I kinda side with F&P
Yes, i'm probably missing something, but who agrees/disagrees with me?
Soo... What were primitive ur-quan like? I just love to speculate about my favorite slave-master caterpillars. That wheezy voice acting tho
I have legal bulls**t phobia

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Why can't there be PEACE?? (legal stuff)

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Sure it would be nice. The problem is, either the copyright is with F&P (as it should be), or it's not. If it is F&P's, starbuck has a problem because they have a stake in Origins saying otherwise. If it isn't, F&P have lost their property. Either way, someone loses, and neither side wants to be the one who loses.

Put simply, the situation is intractable. There's no longer a way for both parties to retract safely. Thus, they will see this through to the end.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Why can't there be PEACE?? (legal stuff)

Post by Dyandod » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:30 am

There's also way too much emotion involved. That's part of the reason we got here in the first place.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!